• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time to confess....I have a problem :o(

simplylucy

I've been trying to ignore this problem for a few days now.

I am being sick after everymeal. I'm eating slowly, I'm not rushing. Small mouthfuls and chewing well.

Yesterday I went back to fluids and today moved back to purees. I just had some pureed fish pie but after 4 forkfuls (tiny) it came back up again.

I was progressing along so nicely! I don't do going backwards!

I can eat crispbreads, and had half a rice cake for breakfast. I seem fine on dry foods and thin liquids. But anything wet and thick like purees comes back up.

Think I'll have to give my provider a ring if I can't get any puree down tonight.

I think you should give them a ring, it doesnt seem right that this is happening now when you have done so well. It seems you have looked at all the usual reasons like eating too fast or too much and its not that so I would give them a ring, even if just to put your mind at rest :D Good luck X

Hi Lucy, please call and talk it over and let us know how you are Angel... love and hugs xxx

I myself am the same at the moment i feel fine in self just keep being sick after meals mainly evening.
fish is the worse for me so if something makes me sick i avoid it .
i was told its your body rejecting certain foods???
hope it settles soon.
keep me posted if you see anyone about so i can see what they say

I had this problem and found out it was a Stricture, this is when the bypassed tube connected to your new pouch heals closed....it is easy to rectify with an endoscopy the stretch it open with a balloon, please get checked out.... Hugs Angie x

I can't give you any advice Lucy, I just wanted to offer a hug & would suggest do as the others recommend. It could just be you need to go to fluids a day or two, or it could be something in particular your little pouch has taken an aversion to, but phone the hospital...they know best xxxx

Big hugs hun, hope you get it sorted soon. Fish was the only thing that made me sick.

So sorry you're going through this hun. I haven't been sick once as yet and wouldn't want to as it isn't nice, but I do get severe restriction/indigestion with a lot of foods. Strange it's with slider food rather than dry food. Let us know what your provider says and I hope they have some good suggestions for you.

You p[oor thing, you don't think its too much is it - only cos puree is so much thicker than fluid, so obviously some restriction showing, and maybe that last forkful pushes your pouch too far? Only mentionig it as our dietician says its the main reason for vomiting, one mouthful too much iyswim
xxx

I'm with the person who says it might be one mouthful too much? Slider food goes down so much easier than dry food so it could be this! Give it a try and see what happens xxx

Back