• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

looking for wls advise going through nhs

lmc2184

Hi
i was wondering if anyone could help, i have just been refferd by my doctor to be put for a gastric band or similar suregery but i am not sure what happens next or how long it takes, i am in edinburgh and was wondering if anyone was aware of the timescale in this area. or any advise on before and after the op.

Thanks

Laura

Last edited:
Hi Laura

Just wanted to say welcome to Mini's.

Sorry I can't help you with your request but someone will be along to help you out soon.

(((hugs)))

Welcome to minimins, good luck with your Funding.
I am sure there are peps from Scotland who have been where you are and have the answers you need Mia

Hi Laura
i'm in Glasgow but i had my op done privately in Manchester so can't give you any advice on timescales sorry, there are a few of us Scots and if i remember there is a peep from Dalkeith what i will do is look through the posts tomorrow and see if i can find her posts and see if there is info there for you. Meantime welcome to minis and its nice to have you joining us x

Hi Allie
Thanks so much, im just so nervous like you i tried this a few years ago but was refused due to my age the doc wouldnt even consider me. since then its been a rollercoaster up and down never getting to a safe weight tho. how did you find the private treatment? Was it expensive?

Hi Laura
My late Dad left an inheritance for me so i used that to pay for my op. I went through Marcus Landauer and paid 10k for my bypass and i think it was about 7K for gastric band. To be honest i think i would have taken a loan out as i'm not the most patient of people and i have nothing but admiration for the lovely peeps on here and what some of them have to go through to get their surgery. There was'nt any really experinced bypass surgeons in Glasgow and as i'm a total coward i went to Manchester to get one of the very best in Mr Ammori. I can't fault the service as from referral to surgery could have been only 2 to 3 weeks but i chose to wait 3 months to prepare myself. You really are in complete control when you go privately x

Welcome to minimins. x

Gastric Band

Hi
i was wondering if anyone could help, i have just been refferd by my doctor to be put for a gastric band or similar suregery but i am not sure what happens next or how long it takes, i am in edinburgh and was wondering if anyone was aware of the timescale in this area. or any advise on before and after the op.

Thanks

Laura

Hi Laura,
Iam in Ayrshire my Dr referred me at the begining of september.I have found out the gastric band Dr has been on holiday for a few weeks and doesnt come back till next week.As far as i know iam a routine referral i dont know what that means can anyone enlighten me.So like you i dont know what happens next if you find out anything can you let me know.Do you see the dr first or dietician i have so many questions lol

Welcome Laura and good luck getting onto the losers bench xxx

Hello and welcome Laura.

Sorry I can't be of musch use to you for the area you live in but I was done and dusted in under 12 months. That's from being referred by doctor to weight loss clinic to having the operation done.

Now don't get your hopes up as sometimes it can be a very long time.

Hope all goes well for you

Back