• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose upper arms - Surgery??

Sez

Maybe this time......
Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone had surgery on their upper arms?

Mine are, at the mo, my worst feature, really really ugly, and I would love some advice please??

I dont think exercise will do it, as I can see the shape of arm under the saggy skin......

Hi there

I haven't had it done yet, but I'm due to go in on the 20th September to have it done.

One of my friends has had it done though. It leaves big scars from the armpits to the elbows, but they try and place them in the inner arms so that they don't show too badly.

My friend has really wide scars (about and inch across), but her skin didn't heal very well and she didn't follow the surgeons advice. I'm hoping that I will be luckier, and nothing can be worse than the state my arms are in now :(

Hi Xanth,

Your before and after photos are awesome and I think your slide show on your blog is a must see.

Hope you don't mind if I give the link?

Here I Go Again

Congratulations on becoming a CDC:)

I hope your surgery turns out well for you.

Love Mini xxx

Hiya

Katie Perks the Cambridge slimmer of the year had the operation about 18 months ago, why not give her an E-mail and see what her experiences were.

Mike

I know this is last years topic but is there anyone here who has had it done and did you get it done on the NHS?
I read on other threads that if you maintain for a year there is a chance that you can surgery on the NHS if it is affecting you so much.

My arms have always afffected me, they were big when i wasnt particularly big, I'd love to not have to cover them up constantly. they have lots of stretchmarks on the underneath and an arm lift would get rid of that awful skin too.

Hmmmm me too, even after I lost the 65llbs....they are still look flabby with horrible stretch marks...it would be great to a little nip and tuck - it would open up a whole wardrobe.....

I am going to see a surgeon on Thursday re arm lift & tummy tuck. I have lost 12 stone and my arms bother me more than my tummy as you can hide your tummy in big knickers!

I am really apprehensive about the amount of pain I will be putting myself through but my arms really get me down, there are some gorgeous clothes out there that I just cant wear. Over every top I wear I have to wear a cardigan.....not much fun in the summer.

I will keep you updated on what the surgeon says.

Doodles x

I think it would be worth the scars too.
good luck for your ops. I'm sure once they are done and the ehaling has finished that it will be like a new lease of life for the pair of you.

I'd think it would be better to wait till your finished losing first then have maintained a while. I would wait just to give your body abit of time to settle.

Hi after lossing 11 stone my arms are terrible and I want the surgery but dont have any idea how to sort it out. Have been refused funding twice so far but am trying again. Never say never is the policy I am using. Kaz

Hi Kaz,

I was told to say that it was affecting me mentally if funding was refused! I am very fortunate and have been accepted for funding so didn't have to lie....as it isnt affecting me, it just looks terrible. I would have gone down that track though if need be.

Good luck and keep trying

Doodles x

Back