• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

losing weight before opp?

mrscinders

hi im supposed to be dieting well i did say on here i was starting the other day but it has not happened im going to wait until i got to get my target in may as im scared incase i lose to much and then they refuse me surgery what if i lose some then on the pre opp diet i lose some more and then my bmi is to low what happens then its all to complecated for me x

I understand your concern hun but was told that the more you lose the better as it makes the surgery safer. However.... I don't think I'd risk getting close to my goal weight but then that's prob not likely - hence the surgery x

so do u think if i get told to lose a stone and i do and then wen its time i get put on pre opp diet and iv seen some people can lose over a stone on that so thats another stone then my bmi will be under 40 so i dont know if i wud still be allowed the opp

aww really thanks for that gary x

Mrs C, I think a bmi of 40 would still be considered to be a health risk. I'd guess that at 5' 3" it should much less so you'll still be ok for the op. Good luck for your continued weight loss.

My bmi is almost under 40 now but the surgeon was telling me last week that while I've already reached my weight loss target he still wants me to keep losing as much as I can before the opp so I'm not too concerned that I could lose too much x

great thanks for your replys just need will power to lose the weight now xx

Back