• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So im having a kelly moment....

cherry

:wave_cry:hey guys so im having a little moment , BUT im dieting at the mo as ive to reach my weight loss target as you or most of you know..... ive lost 6 pounds now out of 8 that ive got to lose, i keep reading a few times where people have lost to much and then been refused surgery! :eek:.... i had some excellent advice from liz ( and if your reading i do take it into account) but im scared if i lose say to much and my BMI goes below 40.. its 45 at min..... they wont do it! im debating what to do weather to just lose weightloss target and maintain or just keep dieting what do you all think?.... has anyone at sunderland lost more than there weightloss target and still got surgery??..................... xxx sorry i know i can be nurotic at times x

Don't feel neurotic Kelly... I have been wondering the same... this question does perplex me... I am also diabetic which complicates everything... are you on a diet with the support of your Consultant at the moment or are you like me always trying to diet? xxx

im always dieting but im halfway there and ive been given my weightloss target from hospital of 4kgs ive lost 6 pound all ready so im nearly there but mu appoinment is not till oct so i was gonna try lose more,, hmmmm x

I haven't been on my first appointment as yet... so the ball starts rolling as soon as you link into the clinic then Kelly... you and I are a very similar weight... I know exactly how it is for you... we must keep a positive outlook and hang onto each other... xxx

ask the bariatric nurse .... she said to me the more i lose the more it shows i am committed and my referal was because i met the criteria so if my bmi got below 40 it wouldnt matter as originally it wasnt!!! how tall are you ? we may have similar stats x

im 5'7 hunni well you know im just gonna diet till oct... they know i cant do it myself as i wouldnt be there!!! hopefully will show them commitment!....hey bev yes hun as soon as your first appointmnet is done the ball will defo start rolling....you very true in what you say! always think positive hey x

Bless you Kelly... we are all going to get there eventually and the goal will be well worth the effort... if I can ever help in any way, I am here... after a lifetime of struggling with my weight xxx

I've lost 55lbs this year & my bmi was under 40 at my first appt & I still got the go ahead for my surgery. xx

Linzi, that is great to know... since it has concerned me too... thanks so much for your help.
I wonder how all of this is affected by my diabetes xxx

Linzi, that is great to know... since it has concerned me too... thanks so much for your help.
I wonder how all of this is affected by my diabetes xxx

I'm type 2 diabetic & have pcos.. the only way I've been able to lose weight is by not having any carbs. The problem is that its hard to sustain which is what I'm finding now so close to my op.... I'm wanting to eat everything!! Just hope that I don't put on before my pre-op. xx

Thanks Linzi, you have a great approach and just keep plodding on, not much longer to go now! The diabetes is a nuisance, I am wondering what sort of difference it makes... I am insulin dependent... I don't know what will happen with the milk diet etc etc... but it's a good tip about cutting out the carbs, I am already doing that, your weight loss so far has been good... and good luck to you xxx

beverlie i know if your diabetic you wont do the milk diet but a very low fat no carbs diet xx

Kelly & Linzi, that is really helpful to know... I'm working on a low carb diet now... so will hope to keep learning along the way. Sincerest thanks to you both xxx

They see weight loss as a sign of commitment, and they know that people are more motivated when they have surgery ahead of them. Very rare they would cancel the surgery as they know 99% of people would instantly give up and put the weight and more.

It makes them more likely to do the surgery from what I have heard, as commitment to the diet before surgery is a good indicator of compliance with the rules following surgery.

Keep up the good work!

Rx

thanks rose xx

Back