• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunday Lunch

Sambucca

I have had a lovely Sunday roast today and I think thats the one thing I will miss most of all when I am post surgery. I know I still will be able to eat it (eventually) in moderation, but there is something hugely satisfying about a lovely big roast dinner.

So post oppers, tell me what you had for lunch today.

Beans on toast! 1/2 a small tin of RSS beans on 1 slice wholemeal toast with a clump of grated low fat cheese. Didn;t manage all the toast.

I enjoy roast chicken now and then, and had christmas dinner etc. Don't really do the other roast meats aside from ham and occasional lamb if it's very lean.

I have had 1 round of wholemeal bread with spread on. Can not be arsed to cook today

we normally have our sunday roast on monday night lol

I have had a lovely Sunday roast today and I think thats the one thing I will miss most of all when I am post surgery. I know I still will be able to eat it (eventually) in moderation, but there is something hugely satisfying about a lovely big roast dinner.

So post oppers, tell me what you had for lunch today.

Hiya Sam, yes i love my roast dinners to. You can have roast dinners after a bypass. I had the tinniest peice of pork about the size of my thumbnail, a heaped tsp of mashed potatoe and 2 tsp of collie, carrots and leek all mashed with plenty of gravy it was very nice. janey :D:D

well i had (this is prob bad being only 12days post op but...) puree potatoes, carrots & cabbage. I had one roast potato that i chewed on forever, and a small piece of lamb, prob match box size but not as thick. And i cut it up and chewed and chewed and chewed, a tiny nibble on a yorkshire pud, with gravy and mint sauce. It sounds a lot but it wasnt really. It was gorgeous!!!!
I did feel a tiny bit of restriction after, but nothing more than i do usually, and ive never been sick yet.
(someone will prob tell me ive been naughty, but the amount i had was less than my 3 yr old son, and 10 times less than i used to have, so i dont care, its a learning curve!)

Thanks ladies

My fiance and I had a BBQ...I managed 2 butchers sausages and salad.

Oh and I had my monthly naughty - an almond magnum.

I had half a banana. Tonight I am having "Roast". i.e. some mushy peas and mash and a bit of gravy. I love mushy peas. My hubby and son are having the works. I miss OHs lovely Yorkshire puds the best ( he does all the cooking - I do the cleaning etc).

I managed to interpret 'clear liquids' diet as scrambled eggs (x2) at about noon and then while out 2pm ish 1/5 of a muffin, a few discarded wedges of brown bread that my one year old shoved in my mouth and 2 chocolate buttons.

And there's me wondering why I'm not losing weight. Shoot me now...

Yoyo

OMG not had one of them in a year, has slow cooked lamb cassolette for Dinner, lunch as err hmmmm was out windonw shopping and ended up with a single king prawn sadwich, ate the prawns and half the slice of bread... breakfast was healthy thoguh a 0% total yoghurt with a banana sliced into it and a drizzle of honey

i went out for lunch today and had a roast dinner. All be it a childs portion and mansged most of it including the yorkie. I find it helps if i chop it all up before i start eating and then just take it slowly. Had a glass of Oj before hand as i tend to find i have to water my pouch before i eat.
it was yummy.
carole

25 days post-bypass and I had a small cup of mushroom soup. Two hours later some plain low fat yoghurt & teeny bit of jam stirred in, then for tea, a small portion of orange sugar free jelly.

5 days til sloppy/pureés! Not that I am counting or anything... O nooo!

I had friends over for a roast dinner on Wed, we had lean roast beef cooked with leeks, garlic & shallots with a small amount of red wine. I made a nice gravy from the drippings. I also made herbed new potatoes. We ate what was left of it for dinner today as a stew. I chopped the beef into cubes, threw the veg in, added some frozen mixed veg and portobello mushrooms. Added the leftover gravy & some beef stock. Served it as stew, and chopped up the new potatoes into hubby's serving. It was really nice and hubby is taking the rest to work for lunch tomorrow. I ate a small serving and had no trouble with it as the meat had been simmered in liquid, sometimes I find reheated meat gets too dry for me thus the idea of a stew.

Well I had a band fill today so my lunch was a slimfast shake...

You'll miss your roasts Sam but it'll be worth it... At least, that's what they keep telling me!!

i dont do a traditional sunday lunch now, i eat what i feel i can on that day, as its day to day eating now for me, today for lunch i had 1 ladle of spag bol and a scoop of pasta but only ate half of it.

liz

Back