• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stanstead Airport.

Emma Louise

Hello everyone :)

This may be a silly to be asking, but at the moment i think i have a bit of displacement going on :eek:
Instead of being worried about the operation, i am worried about going to Stanstead airport on my own to fly to Brno for the op. I have never EVER been to an airport on my own before, ive always been to them with my parents on family holidays as a kid and then it was only Exeter and Bristol airport so not very big.

The question i have for you: Is Stanstead airport easy to find your way around? I can only have hand luggage, am flying with ryan air and have to check in on line. Do i just go straight through to departures? Can anyone help please?? :wave_cry:

Hello there

I fly from Stansted all the time and all you do is print ur boarding pass online (if online checkin) from 14 days prior to departure and as little as 4 hours before ur flight and u going str8 to departure gate. When u get into the airport find some information screens and look up the time of ur flight and it will tell u wot gate number to go to. Make sure you go to departure gate at least 1 -2 hrs before flight takes off as if its busy it can take a long while to get through to the actual departure gate and then it takes roughly about 15 mins to walk to your gate number and then they usually board about 20 mins before flight time. If u need any more info plz dont hesitate to ask xx

Me Julie xx

Thank you so much for replying! eeek, im just so nervous! Hope i dont get on the wrong plane :s xxxx

I've gone from stansted on the train to Birmingham and I was fine. Found it easy to find everything. Hope you get on ok

Are none of the Cosmetic Bliss team travelling with you? What about anyone else travelling out for procedures? Check with the CB team. Even if you're travelling alone follow Julie's advice and allow plenty of time and you will be fine. :)

Well Done Emma , you are very brave to do this on your own! i thought a member of C.B. travelled with you also? when do you go hun?

Yeah me too - I think if there are others going for surgery in the same week there will be others flying on the same flight Emma Louise and I think there's a possibility someone from Cosmetic Bliss should be there too - from what I remember Michael saying. I don't think I can PM you yet Emma Louise as I'm still a new member but could you try and PM me and we'll keep in touch. I've just posted on my introduce me thread that I've got a provisional date of 3rd October for my band op with cosmetic bliss. It would be nice to be in touch.......

Cathy x

Yeah me too - I think if there are others going for surgery in the same week there will be others flying on the same flight Emma Louise and I think there's a possibility someone from Cosmetic Bliss should be there too - from what I remember Michael saying. I don't think I can PM you yet Emma Louise as I'm still a new member but could you try and PM me and we'll keep in touch. I've just posted on my introduce me thread that I've got a provisional date of 3rd October for my band op with cosmetic bliss. It would be nice to be in touch.......

Cathy x

Cathy stay in touch as i am planning to go with Cosmetic Bliss as well so am interested in everyones experiences with them. You might be able to PM us, give it a try :)

They do sgenerally go across with you on the same plane, but last time i spoke to Michael he told me that he and Debbie were flying out on the 30th August and they would meet me when i land.
I know there will be others on the flight who are having it done also but i have no idea who they are! lol!

Thanks for all your supprt :)

Thanks JollyJilly (fab name btw!!)

Ill pm you now Cathy 1971 :) course we can keep in touch xxxxx

I cant pm you yet Cathy! But we shall keep in touch, my personal email addy is: [email protected] xxx

Thanks Jill, Oh i forgot to say, in answer to an earlier question, no they dont recommend you take anyone with you over there for support as the hospital is about 45 minutes from the hotel, and the visiting hours are between 3-5 and you cant be seen the day after surgery, so if my mum came i would only see her on the thursday cause ill be going home on friday!

So i am going alone :(

Stanstead is pretty easy to find your way around, the departures bit is easy to find I think its an enormous yellow sign above it. They get you to put all your stuff through the scanner machine on a tray then when you are past the security bit there are tv screens all over with the flights and gate numbers and there is plenty of signs pointing you to where the different gates are, The ryanair flights usually all go from the same area and its not far to walk and the easiest bit to find. They tend to call the flight out and get everyone to stand in a line for bloody ages so what I usually do is just find a seat close to the gate and stay there while everyone waits in line like sheep then when almost everyone has gone through I just join on the back of the line rather than standing for ages. If you might want a snack on the flight bring something with you as ryanair charge stupid prices on the plane.

Stanstead is pretty easy to find your way around, the departures bit is easy to find I think its an enormous yellow sign above it. They get you to put all your stuff through the scanner machine on a tray then when you are past the security bit there are tv screens all over with the flights and gate numbers and there is plenty of signs pointing you to where the different gates are, The ryanair flights usually all go from the same area and its not far to walk and the easiest bit to find. They tend to call the flight out and get everyone to stand in a line for bloody ages so what I usually do is just find a seat close to the gate and stay there while everyone waits in line like sheep then when almost everyone has gone through I just join on the back of the line rather than standing for ages. If you might want a snack on the flight bring something with you as ryanair charge stupid prices on the plane.

Thanks Jason, really appreciate the info. Im just keeping my fingers crossed i leave my blonde wig at home and dont act a fooooool! haha! I do have plenty of common sense but when im nervous and on my own i do seem to lose a fair bit of it :eek:

Oh I just remembered about pre op diets , dont bring a snack . lol

haha, bummer! :D

Best of luck Emma, seems quite exciting! Re Stansted (not Stanstead, lol!), I have used this airport quite a lot in the past. Never had any problems there, staff friendly & helpful ( My daughter years ago lost her 'Peter Rabbit' in the airport, they had security officers searching every bin, toilet, etc., looking for it. Unfortunately Peter had eloped!)
I hope all goes well on your trip and the op is a success.
Paul xx

Best of luck Emma, seems quite exciting! Re Stansted (not Stanstead, lol!), I have used this airport quite a lot in the past. Never had any problems there, staff friendly & helpful ( My daughter years ago lost her 'Peter Rabbit' in the airport, they had security officers searching every bin, toilet, etc., looking for it. Unfortunately Peter had eloped!)
I hope all goes well on your trip and the op is a success.
Paul xx

:doh: Stansted! haha! I'm a dooosh sometimes :eek:

Thank you for your kind words, its getting rather close!!

Hiya Emma,

You will be fine hun, try not too worry and just be sure too leave yourself plenty of time to get to airport and plenty of time to get through departure gate etc. I always search online for traffic information prior to leaving home so it gives me an idea if any delays etc ( I do the same for the airport as well) Stansted airport isnt a massive airport like gatwick and is very easy to find your way around and all the signposts are very clear and precise (even if u do have a blonde moment, lol) just remember deep breaths and dont panic and keep and eye on the screens also for any changes. Have a safe trip and speedy recovery

All the best - MeJulie x x

Hiya Emma,

You will be fine hun, try not too worry and just be sure too leave yourself plenty of time to get to airport and plenty of time to get through departure gate etc. I always search online for traffic information prior to leaving home so it gives me an idea if any delays etc ( I do the same for the airport as well) Stansted airport isnt a massive airport like gatwick and is very easy to find your way around and all the signposts are very clear and precise (even if u do have a blonde moment, lol) just remember deep breaths and dont panic and keep and eye on the screens also for any changes. Have a safe trip and speedy recovery

All the best - MeJulie x x

Thank you so much! I know, i'll be setting off at about 6 in the morning for a 13:35 (closes at 13:10) as im travelling from Devon and want to be there about 2 hours before it closes. There arguments at the moment as to who is gonna drive me at the moment, dont you just love family? :rolleyes:

Back