• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lunch ideas week 5 onwards

Mand77

Hi all

I am starting on week 5 tomorrow and have breakfast & dinner sorted but I am struggling with lunch ideas.

Before being banded I was a sandwich gal but obviously can't do that anymore.

Any ideas/recipes would be great.

Thanks X

top_kat

frittata, crust less quiche, salad, ryvita or crackers with quark. Chicken, prawns, than with sweet chilli dipping sauce, salads, chopped crunchy raw vegetables with a dip.

Boiled eggs with natural fromage frais or a minted yoghurt dip, Melba toasts,

Not all providers stop people eating bread with a band, worth contacting your provider god some ideas too

Mand77

Thanks for the ideas my provider says no bread until 3 months after surgery but I am just going to stay off it as its a weakness for me. X

How about a pitta bread with egg mayo? Salad box, can you have pasta?
I sometimes have a micro ready meal (tesco or sainsburys low fat) or a wrap. Ryvita and a low fat spread also.

Mand77

How about a pitta bread with egg mayo? Salad box, can you have pasta?
I sometimes have a micro ready meal (tesco or sainsburys low fat) or a wrap. Ryvita and a low fat spread also.

Hi

Yeah can have pasta what ready meals do you tend to go for, I can't seem to find any that are firm foods. X

I hand sainsburys be good to yourself veg cannelloni which isn't really firm but it's 300 calls and I can't manage it all. Also the tomato pasta or there is a chicken and mushroom pie. All below 350 cals and because they are a tad stodgy I don't manage all of the portion. Salad boxes and a bit if ham or egg are a great filler tho.
I did the low fat ready meals because I hadn't told anyone at work about my band so people watched me microwave a low fat meal then start to loose weight and they figured I was just on a health kick.
Weight watchers do a nice quice too and some rice, chicken and veg steam bags which are filling but I struggle with rice these days. What are your plans for dinner? Could you have leftovers for lunch?
Rivita, wraps and pitta and handy for lunches too. I tried some chilli slims I think rivita make them with a bit if low fat Philadelphia today yummy

Mand77

Hi

Thanks for the ideas for dinner I am bulking up with a lot of veg I have a new liking for broccoli lol. I have maybe a small piece of fish or am going to try sausages.

I don't have my first fill for another week so I am waiting until that has happened and then try different foods.

Thanks X

sarahrob

Today I had three Ryvita thins and a tiny pot of pate - picnic pate from aldi, 4 tiny jars at around 60-70cals each.
Tomorrow I'm taking half a tin of tuna with chunks of cucumber and radish.

Chicken, prawns, crab sticks, babybel, crackers, melba toast, peppers, celery, rice cakes are all staples for me. Mostly my lunches are leftovers tarted up a bit!:)