• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lunch on the go!

Lori1964

Hi everyone, well I am back to work on monday and I have a job where I travel each day and in a different office each day. I am just wondering if anyone can give me suggestions of what I can take for my lunches and snacks that won't involve any heating up. I will be starting soft foods next week but am looking for any ideas long term. All ideas welcome as I am so used to just popping into the nearest sandwich shop or fast food takeway and want to be prepared so that I never have to do that again.

Many thanks x

Reactions: LBD
Hi everyone, well I am back to work on monday and I have a job where I travel each day and in a different office each day. I am just wondering if anyone can give me suggestions of what I can take for my lunches and snacks that won't involve any heating up. I will be starting soft foods next week but am looking for any ideas long term. All ideas welcome as I am so used to just popping into the nearest sandwich shop or fast food takeway and want to be prepared so that I never have to do that again.

Many thanks x
I would say it's going to be quite difficult to find the right things at first. I am lucky, because I work in one place, so can just heat up a bowl of soup etc.

Thats a hard one as I am a stay at home mum so am able to cook whenever
ermm
Cottage cheese (Cant stand the stuff myself)
yoghurt
banana
slimfast shakes
those pots of ambrosia - suger free ones
will have a think x

Cheese and crackers, bananas, mullerlight with plastic spoon, cottage cheese, wrap with sandwich spread (if your pouch can handle it), hot chocolate drink, home made smoothie, soup in a thermos. It's very hard as you are so newly out of hospital but I'm sure someone else will come along and offer some more suggestions. Good luck!

when i first went back to work at first i took grapes, clemtines, always take a yogurts as it fast and i know im safe eatin it. if u have a food flask maybe u could take some soup? babybell cheese if u like that i know many ppl on here eat them.

What about taking things like tuna in low fat mayo and some crackers, chicken with sweetcorn in mayo and crackers or mix up a small salad with loads of colslaw etc

Great post. I was thinking about this today actually!!!!

Thanks alll for all the great ideas. I am going out today to buy a food thermos and some tupperware boxes and I have made a list of all of your suggestions to go shopping with. I definatly think (at least for now) that the trick of this new way of life after bypass (especially in the early days) is going to be all in the planning. No more diving out of the door in the morning and waiting to see what I can pick up to eat on the way. Thanks again for all your suggestions. xxx

Back