• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recieved some good news - update on wls

BlueDiamond

As you know I was refused wls , and was having trouble getting through to pct via email. anyhow I called them today and a lady call beatrice called me back and stated that I meet all the criteria for wls with or without comorbidities and is sending me the information (criteria) via the post and I can use this as an appeal against the weight loss management clinic. When I explained what had happened she said she cannot see why he was "obtuse"towards me and as long as I meet the criteria (which I do) he should not have stated that "he see's ppl twice my size and bmi" (his words). He should have seen me on my own merit (so to speak) , Once I receive this information I will be armed and ready to fight against the weight loss clinic and will write to the surgeon and weight loss clinic repectively...and the pct said funding will not be a problem...................:D

Gr8 news I think, just hope this makes things easier for me to move forward.

Thanks for listening to me drone on - Thanks in advanced - MeJulie xx;)

thats great news julie !!! good luck with the appeal i hope they say yes xxx

liz xxx

excellent, thats very useful information for you hun. Ask the lovely lady at the pct to send you that in writing so you can show it to the clinic. perhaps the surgeon thought you would not get the funding and so didn't want to go through the process with you only for them to say no? I know he still should not have done that but it's just a thought and now you have been told you'll get the funding thats not an issue.

Good luck but I would honestly get referred to a different hospital - do you really want to go back there?

Interesting point Caroline. :sigh: I shall have a ponder and see what to do . I do not have to go back to endocrine department until November anyway so my appealing at queens should have been heard by then, and if still a no go . I will ask endocrine doc to re-refer me to someone else. but ty for raising that point. x;)

Good luck. :fingerscrossed: xx

Things worth haveing are worth fighting for!!!!!!!

Jul - that is fantastic news you go and get him and make him squeak!!!!

Sending hugs and fairy dust xx

go girl xx

Back