• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Made my decision - Dr. Ameet Patel wins! :p

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
After lots of looking around and ringing ppl I have decided on the band with Healthier Weight.

Why HW, even though the op comes in at 8k (single incsion op) so is the most pricey....i just really liked Dr. Ashton...he was so honest and genuine when i saw him. My surgeon will be Ameet Patel and googling him on WLS forum shows he is quite good.

Ultimately it came down to between the band and pose..and i am a worry wart so went for the band as there is more data behind it and im happier knowing its tried and tested.

Also had to decide between WLS group and HW. WLS group sound amazing but id have my surgery with El-Hasani in kent and googling him on here he sounds really horrid.... and also fills would be in Harley Street....which is fine but HW fills are in Nottingham Place which is right next to a tube station..so easy peasy to get to as 3 stops on underground from the train i get into london.

Genuinely Dr. Ashtons genuine-ness won me over. I told you he was not happy about the 5.5stones predicted loss on Spatz balloon and called up his team and said till he had datd from his own patients to take that down. when i look up the info on the HW website its gone now!!! so the guy isnt having me on... he knows his stuff and i will see him in my aftercare so why not see someone im comfortable with?

Hope i dont get banned for all these threads im making but u guys are just so amazing....!!

So tonight i go to bed with my mind made up...will call Ester..the woman who im sorta dealing with on Sunday as thats when she is back...and hopefully book in on the 14th April!!! (as am away for weekend with in laws on the 9th April weekend and dont want them knowing i had this done!!)

So you like Mr Ashton but Mr Patel will be doing your op?

Ok! How do you know Mr Patel isnt horrid? lol

Ive been to the Harley Street Clinic a few times and yes its a five minute walk from the tube ;)

I dont know anything about either surgeon but I'm pleased for you that you have made your decision x

It's always a huge relief when you make a decision :) I'm glad you've been able to make yours and impressed you've done the research. Good luck with it all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

So you like Mr Ashton but Mr Patel will be doing your op?

Ok! How do you know Mr Patel isnt horrid? lol

Ive been to the Harley Street Clinic a few times and yes its a five minute walk from the tube ;)

I dont know anything about either surgeon but I'm pleased for you that you have made your decision x
well i met mr. ashton and mr patel does the ops in london....and i think mr patel is nice ...my reasoning is based on ppl comments on here :p :eek: !!
It's always a huge relief when you make a decision :) I'm glad you've been able to make yours and impressed you've done the research. Good luck with it all :)

haha.....research....errrm not as much as some people... ive just used this site loads..... u guys are sooooooo clued up i havent really done much but googled old thrads and stuff....was funny one old thread i googled had Rose in it wondering whether or not she should do her WLS...and now u look at her ticker and u know she made the right decision!!
yeah do feel i can stop looking around and fretting and start looking forward to something...am looking forward to calling ester on sunday to confirm dates!!

Well done on making your decision.....I'm very pleased for you.

And perhaps even more relieved you didn't go for the balloon in the end. I was genuinely concerned about that and thought you would regret it.

Now you've made your decision, may I suggest you also stick around for pre-and post-op help and support from us all, but especially the very genuine and successful gang of banders we have on here, who give such excellent advice. :)

I know I wouldn't have done half as well or felt half as safe and supported (like a great bra, LOL!) without the fantastic bunch of people on this forum. :D

Time for a group hug? LOL!

Grace xxx

That's great I am glad you have found the right choice for you, that's the hard work done, it gets easier from here on in as you can get lots if help from people here.

Good luck and let us know when you have got your date booked x

thanks guys...i will ring HW tomorrow to start things off.... gonna google a bit more about the negatives of having a band.... although the answers are on this forum!
Well done on making your decision.....I'm very pleased for you.

And perhaps even more relieved you didn't go for the balloon in the end. I was genuinely concerned about that and thought you would regret it.

Now you've made your decision, may I suggest you also stick around for pre-and post-op help and support from us all, but especially the very genuine and successful gang of banders we have on here, who give such excellent advice. :)

I know I wouldn't have done half as well or felt half as safe and supported (like a great bra, LOL!) without the fantastic bunch of people on this forum. :D

Time for a group hug? LOL!

Grace xxx

haha...grace thats so funny/true!! been on a few forums and this is by far the most genuine and clued up one!! am weirded out with the number of banned members in the older threads though?! :confused: :D

We went through a bad patch with some old members as the forum grew. 3 years ago when I joined this was a subsection of a general weight loss site and there were only around 10 regular posters, as it grew some of them didn't like it and started breaking the rules, being abusive, bullying, setting up multiple accounts, trolling and generally being very childish. I've always found this a very fair site, the rules are clear and if you break them you are either warned or banned depending on the severity. The owners are good at monitoring and moderating the threads and do take action when necessary.

So long as you are here because you are interested in surgery and are a genuine person who isn't about to swear, be abusive or discriminatory, or try to gain members for another forum then there is nothing to worry about. The site rules can be accessed at the top if every page if you didn't read them when you signed up or need a refresher.

Well done on making a decision, hun. I hope everything is smooth sailing from now on x

Back