• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T feel so helpless

Just got back from the school and it went really well. The teacher was really pleased we came to speak to her. We told her how she has been this weekend - sick on Saturday night beacuse she got so worked up, not wanting to be on her own for even a minute etc.

Its the school sports day today but the teacher said with our permission she would take my daughter to one side for 10 minutes and ask her how she is really feeling, she thinks that in the class she is putting on a brave face. We discussed that the police and social care seem to want to meet without considering how this has affected my daughter, she agreed with us that this shouldnt be the case and that she would put forward .

She is going to call me back later and tell me what my daughter said. She also agreed to speak to the headmaster about next years class allocation.

All in all it went very well, Im really pleased we went and the teacher was pleased we did too.

I'm so pleased that you are all getting help from this...
I can't help but feel that the more people keep asking your daughter about it, the more it will stay with her though. She does need to get back to being a child again.

I'm also glad that the class situation is going to be looked into as well.

How are you now?...I bet you are feeling drained from the emotional aspect of it all...It's your baby and you are going to feel her pain along with her.

Wishing you all a speedy resolve to this...take care.

(((hugs)))

Hi Mazza,
So Sorry your going through a very difficult time at the moment, I never know what to say with situations like this, but Just want you to know I'm thinking about you & your little girl. x

I'm so pleased that you are all getting help from this...
I can't help but feel that the more people keep asking your daughter about it, the more it will stay with her though. She does need to get back to being a child again.

I'm also glad that the class situation is going to be looked into as well.

How are you now?...I bet you are feeling drained from the emotional aspect of it all...It's your baby and you are going to feel her pain along with her.

Wishing you all a speedy resolve to this...take care.

(((hugs)))

Thanks Snow

Nobody has actually asked her about this so the teacher speaking to her will be the first time she has been given the opportunity to say what actually happened.

She has just told me about how scared she feels and little bits of what happened but I havent pushed her and want to get things back to normal. But I think until she has actually told someone exactly what has been going on she wont be able to do this.

Im more than happy for the teacher to do this, my daughter feels very comfortable around her and I have no doubt she will be honest. The teacher can then feed this back to social care and things can move forward.

Thanks for asking how Im feeling - at the moment thats soooo tired :(

I'm glad they're taking it seriously and considering your daughter. It's terrible to have happened to her, but with some good support and aftercare from the school, she can recover. Hope you are doing ok too, it's good to keep things as normal as possible but I can imagine it's hard trying to keep it together for her sake.

Hi Mazza, I'm glad you were pleased with how things went at the school.

It must have been heart-wrenching when yr little girl was behaving in an insecure manner - but it is such a good thing that she is looking to you for comfort and knows it will be freely given. That bond and trust is what will help yr daughter grow into a confident and resiliant young lady, that whatever happens outside of the home, she has her Mam to make it all better.

Lv to you

Jen x

Hi Mazza, I'm glad you were pleased with how things went at the school.

It must have been heart-wrenching when yr little girl was behaving in an insecure manner - but it is such a good thing that she is looking to you for comfort and knows it will be freely given. That bond and trust is what will help yr daughter grow into a confident and resiliant young lady, that whatever happens outside of the home, she has her Mam to make it all better.

Lv to you

Jen x

Thanks Jen x

I am so pleased you went and spoke to the teacher. Hopefully once she has spoken about what happened she might not feel as scared because the trust will be there. Thinking of you all love Sharron xx

Back