• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mail on line jan 2 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a surprise, I wouldn't call most of those intolerances an intolerance - fatty foods, fried foods, fizzy drinks, cakes and pies - that is one of the points of choosing the bypass surgery!

Also, the gastrointestinal problems they listed of stomach gurgling, flatulence and belching really are not an issue (compared with losing weight) - it is well known that there might be constipation issues (I am really lucky I don't have any issues).

The only one there that I would consider an issue/a concern is indigestion, but you are less likely to have indigestion with a bypass than a sleeve anyway. Plus it depends what those with indigestion were eating - were they sticking to healthy diet and correct amounts/volumes and not eating quickly?!

So basically this study confirms that having a RNY bypass gives the results surgeons tell us we will get!

This is an interesting article which explains some of the complex things happen when Bariatric surgery is carried out. I think it explains some of what happens that is still not clear to the medical people carrying out this surgery.
http://ww.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/ health/bariatric-surgery.html
They know Diabeties is gone often straight after the operation but still are not clear exactly how.
This surgery is so much more than a smaller stomach and malabsorbion. Makes the journeys on here even more amazing.

@los in it can you please refer to our links policy:

https://www.wlsurgery.com/threads/links-policy.137782/

In particular:
  • You must post under the link your reasons as to why members would find it interesting.
Maybe you could post a summary of what its saying, people can then decide if the article will be of interest?

@Nearly there-1 - the link you posted doesn't work but in future can you ensure the following?:
  • The article should be relevant, current and from a UK source if possible so we can verify its relevance. If you wish to post an article that is not from the UK, then please check with a moderator first so the link can be approved.
We want to make sure that members are not being encouraged to click on links that are not relevant or not of interest.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back