• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Malaria tabs after bypass?

candie

fabby not flabby :)
I have to take malaria tabs a week before , 2 weeks whilst on hols and a month after I come back from Goa.Has anyone else had them after a bypass, and were they ok?I've taken them before but obviously pre bypass:D

No idea, but wow, GOA! Nice one xx

Sorry Sal I can't help on this one but try ringing your consultant and check with them. Good luck and enjoy your holsxx
Thanks hun;).I've just checked online and as long as I take them 3 hours apart from my lanzoprazole I should be ok.Going to see Mr A at the end of this month so will also ask him then:D

Hi

I took them when i was 7 weeks post bypass because of a holiday to the Dom Rep and I was fine :) Enjoy your hols xxx

wow candie have a great trip to Goa that will be a hol to remember

Jay xx

wow candie have a great trip to Goa that will be a hol to remember

Jay xx
It's out 6th time, we love it:DI've tried tons of other places but am drawn to Goa:character00238::character00238:

Hi Candie

Is it hydrochloroquinine (plaquenil) that you need to take? I ask this as it is an antimalarial but is also used in the longterm treatment of lupus.

I have to take 400mg of this daily for the rest of my life. I was advised this week at my pre admission appointment for bypass to continue taking them. I'm not yet sure if they expext me to cruch tablets or whether there is a liquid alternative but my point is that if it's ok for me to take them for the lupus, then I cannot see a reason why it would be a problem for you to take them post op.

Do check with the dr's though as I am not a professional.

Have a fab holiday btw :)

Take care, Phoebe

Hi hun, its Paludrine/Avloclor we take:D

Back