• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My holiday experience abroad after bypass

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi all, thought I would write a bit about my holiday experience after bypass surgery. We have just got back from 2 weeks in Fuertaventura and I was really worried about eating and my diet whilst I was out there. I have to say I had no problems at all ate things like salads, pealla and spanish omelettes. The choices of food in most places more than catered for me no one seemed to find it strange me just ordering a starter or smaller portion. I also had my first real experience of drinking and found that the sangria and gin and tonics went down well. (cheap night too as it didn't take alot before i felt tipsy!!!) Best of all I lost another half stone in the 2 weeks first time I have ever lost weight on holiday usually put on 10 lbs!!!!!

Really glad i didn't let the bypass put me off going and didn't feel restricted in any way. just proves life can be normal after the op!!!!

Hope this reassures anyone who is looking at travelling abroad. It really has been a positive experience x:):):)

thanks tammy - great to hear a positive experience - sounds like you had a fabby time x

Back