• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass last week and Hiccups

Porpo

Hi,

I had my bypass last week and Im doing ok just still a bit sore.

Today I woke up with Hiccups and have had them on and off all day. I've tried holding my breath etc but they go and come back after an hour. Am not in any new pain or anything but could they damage my healing?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How annoying are hiccups lol. You just think they've gone and then they come back with vengance. I don't think they will hurt anything if you're not in pain with them. Have you tried sipping ice cold water? I'm sure you will get lots of advice on different ways to get rid of them. Good luckxx

Hiccups are a lack of oxygen - so you need to take deep breaths. Especially as you have just had obdominal surgery, its no wonder that you will probably have been taking shallow breaths without noticing - take deap breaths and keep fluids up! GL hun x

Ouch and double ouch - you have my sympathies and commiserations but I can't offer any solututions.

Anything involving extraordinary muscle movements is horrid at the moment be it sneezing, coughing, yawning even laughing I've found they all make me wince.

Hope it clears up soon

Lynda

Back