• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Manchester Surgery Advice needed through ABL scheme

Paradiseawaits

:) Hey there Wls forum!

I have just signed up here having been lurking for answers for a few months. I am hoping anyone in Manchester and the ABL clinic process can help me and inform me of what the actual next steps are. I was referred by my GP for weight loss surgery in June last year. I have been with the ABL choose to change scheme from July last year. I now only have 2 monthly sessions to go before finishing. Last week my personal trainer from ABL has now sent my refferal for my surgery to the NHS. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back? Also I understand you HAVE to loose 5% of weight and if not you will be point blank refused. I am still 3% away from my target and trying really hard to loose it but I only have 2 months left to loose it. As some of you on ABL know you have to spend three months maintaining which has caused my weight loss to slow! Any info on what happens at this stage I would love to hear from you!

Thanks

Jenna :hugs:

Hello and welcome!

Not from your area and have no idea what ABL is? but just wanted to say hello and good luck on your journey x

I'm eight months post sleeve but a previous bander too.

Long story short, private band in 2009 lost all my weight. Hernia plus other health problems and band removed in January 16, sleeved September 16.

Feeling happy and healthy, so all good. Just waiting to hear when my hernia can be repaired x

:) Hey there Wls forum!

I have just signed up here having been lurking for answers for a few months. I am hoping anyone in Manchester and the ABL clinic process can help me and inform me of what the actual next steps are. I was referred by my GP for weight loss surgery in June last year. I have been with the ABL choose to change scheme from July last year. I now only have 2 monthly sessions to go before finishing. Last week my personal trainer from ABL has now sent my refferal for my surgery to the NHS. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back? Also I understand you HAVE to loose 5% of weight and if not you will be point blank refused. I am still 3% away from my target and trying really hard to loose it but I only have 2 months left to loose it. As some of you on ABL know you have to spend three months maintaining which has caused my weight loss to slow! Any info on what happens at this stage I would love to hear from you!

Thanks

Jenna :hugs:
Sorry can’t help as I’m in Norfolk but wanted to wish you well and assured you that the wait is so worth it xx

Hi Jenna And welcome

Sorry I can’t help I’m a pre op up in Durham
But be lovely to follow your journey keep posting xx

Back