• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here come say hello!!!

Jenna Watts

:) Hey there guys

My names Jenna, I am 28 years old and like a lot of people have been overweight most of my life. After going through and completing all options with my GP I was then referred for Bariatric Surgery.

Today I had my first appointment with ABL (a better life) I am currently at my heaviest 27 and a half stone. I have to lose 1 and a half stone in the next 6 months providing I check in every two weeks for weigh in etc. If successful I then exit the 6 month 5% lost of body fat and the request for NHS funding will go ahead.

I then apparently spend 6 months of dieting preparing for surgery.

Has anyone done the north west ABL process? I understand it's fairly new and all bariatric surgery referrals have to go through this.

Apologies for going on but I'm so happy to of found this forum. I start from tomorrow and have a very long way to go. But I feel this is my last chance as I have PCOS, HS and am pre diebetic. I need to change for the better to be healthy and start a family. I am more than ready to get my ass in to gear.

Hope to hear from you all

Jen xx

los in it

Hi newbie!
Welcome to our merry band of losers!
Like starry-eyed said read as much of others blogs as you can to get an honest view of life pre and post op I wish you luck with everything and look forward to reading your next blog

FeeBee

Hello and welcome. My tier 3 experience was with Weigh Ahead which then changed to Fresh Start. If you've been reading the posts you'll no doubt have spotted we all have very different experiences getting to surgery and even afterwards are told different things.
I love your profile pic, very glam :)

nafpnd

Hi and welcome. I did 6 months of tier 3 with the local PCT, but did it on my own as my first appointment with the dietician was one week before the end of tier3 :mad:! I had to loose 10% of excess weight. I also underwent a bunch of tests as seen on my signature. All the best :)

Kellylou

I know everywhere is different but I don't recall tier 3 being mentioned to me, I've had all the tests awaiting the meeting with the surgeon then been told it will go to mdt. I was estimated a timescale of Jan-Feb..... Does this sound about right has everybody done tier 3??

nafpnd

I know everywhere is different but I don't recall tier 3 being mentioned to me, I've had all the tests awaiting the meeting with the surgeon then been told it will go to mdt. I was estimated a timescale of Jan-Feb..... Does this sound about right has everybody done tier 3??
You mean you've not been asked to loose any weight before surgery? They never mentioned mdt or funding to me, they just asked me to loose some weight after which I would have the surgery.

Kellylou

You mean you've not been asked to loose any weight before surgery? They never mentioned mdt or funding to me, they just asked me to loose some weight after which I would have the surgery.
Maybe all this will happen when I meet the surgeon, I think I just don't digest information properly as there is an awful lot of it lol

LittleMissNom

I have PCOS and it has impacted on weight loss, it's one of the reasons I struggled. I have had the effects lessen when weight dies come off... but keeping it off is so hard! Hoping the symptoms improve hugely once I can maintain a lower weight. I did my referral privately, really hope your nhs process isn't too frustrating. Good luck.

Sunshine99

No, I don't think they mentioned it to me either. He said , obviously I've to try and lose some more weight to show my commitment. But, suggested that he's only concern would be if I gained weight. I was hoping for some counselling, but they don't offer it apparently. My GP has just referred me to a charity that offers longterm counselling (Yell SOS). So hopefully that will help me.

Turps

Welcome Jenna. I'm new here too and have found reading through diaries fantastic for information.

Meltious

Hello and welcome, I'm sure someone will be able to give some advice on that programme there's a wealth of knowledge on here

SheWolf

Hi Jen. Your story is similar to mine. I'm new on here too. I believe You can send direct messages once you have bully up enough points. Try playing the word association game by typing that in the search, that's what I'm trying to do so I can message directly people going through the same as me and support one another xx

starryeyed

Hi Jen. Your story is similar to mine. I'm new on here too. I believe You can send direct messages once you have bully up enough points. Try playing the word association game by typing that in the search, that's what I'm trying to do so I can message directly people going through the same as me and support one another xx
We can't direct message on this one - can only write on that persons profile but it isn't private xx

SheWolf

Oh I see. Thanks starreyeyed, I read that on here a few days ago on here that you could. Never mind xx