• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2015 Surgeries

Sarahmaria

Thats awful dizzyday! Hope you feel better and get everything worked out. Lifes not fair at times

Xx

Labelle

Sorry to hear your op has been postponed dizzyday71...in time u will get your op and be on the way to recovery...had my op on Tuesday 3 days ago...got home from the hospital a couple of hours ago....was pumped to get home...now I feel like I have been ran over by a bus...only managing small sips of water, sugar free squash n milk... Don't have that hunger feeling at alll...day of op I was 129 kg and this morining 3 days post op I weigh 127kg...so loss of 3kg in 3 days...really feeling weak any advise on what sort of liquids I can have in these first 2 weeks.. N let me tell u the amount of meds I came home with OMG.

dizzyday71

Sorry to hear your op has been postponed dizzyday71...in time u will get your op and be on the way to recovery...had my op on Tuesday 3 days ago...got home from the hospital a couple of hours ago....was pumped to get home...now I feel like I have been ran over by a bus...only managing small sips of water, sugar free squash n milk... Don't have that hunger feeling at alll...day of op I was 129 kg and this morining 3 days post op I weigh 127kg...so loss of 3kg in 3 days...really feeling weak any advise on what sort of liquids I can have in these first 2 weeks.. N let me tell u the amount of meds I came home with OMG.
hi labelle rest rest rest my lovely, the hunger will come in time, don't rush with your drinks, chicken noodle soup might be a good one (strained) at least it has some protein in it Covent Garden fresh soup is nice think most supermarkets sell that one, there are some fab recipes on Pinterest if you have someone home to make them for you hunny. Get lots of sleep its a great healer. So glad to hear you are home safe n sound. Catch up soon when you are feeling a bit better. Thanks for your kind words am ok now, at least I can have a glass of vino tonight, enjoy Easter with the family, the entire Day clan is descending on Wednesday so I will be able to join in the fun instead of sitting sad with me liquid lunch, while everyone else enjoys BBQ's. I am obviously meant to have one more party time before the op. Xxxxx

SerenityValley

Happy in the meantime
Hi folks,

Had my bypass on the 20th in Manchester, by prof Ammori.

All going well so far. Getting a bit bored of the liquids but only a few to go before I get into purée. Looking fwd to that!

Struggled a little at first but really starting to pick up.

Cheers
Andy

mouse57

You'll soon be on lumps and bumps lol stick with it because each stages is important. Just don't mash everything up together it's much more appetising placed on a plate as ordinary food.

SerenityValley

Happy in the meantime
Thanks mouse, that's a great idea - I actually wouldn't have thought of that. My wife says she'd have kept me right (she's had one too several years ago) but I'd have done it all together.

After a lot of thought and a bit of discussion, I decided to try half a weetabix in milk. So runny it was more like milk with little bits in lol. Went in fine, stayed in fine, felt much better.

So from tomorrow I'm moving onto the purée stage early. Roughly the same time my daughter is starting them lol. I tried an Ella's kitchen fromage frais - was vile. She can have them if they're still in date when she gets there.

Have some pulling pains on some of my scars - whenever I bend over to do something one of them gets very sore. Assume everyone else has had that and it's a sign of it healing.

mouse57

Hi it will be internal mending, you need to take it easy, just because the outside looks like it's fixed the inside take just as long if not longer. People forget it's major surgery, that's the reason no driving before six weeks it's all about muscles and nerves, no matter what others might say. Be kind to yourself your told to,rest for a reason. :)

ladilindy

Well as the song says, my bags are packed I'm ready to go. Coach to London at 8.35am tomorrow and then Eurostar to Brussels, hotel overnight and then surgery Tuesday.

Still not feeling too nervous, although got a little upset trying to explain to my husband about my life insurance (not that I plan to go anywhere) and my worries that he won't know what to do with any of our finances, I sort all the bills and everything.

So any early night for me. Not sure what the wifi situation will be like so will hopefully see you on the other side.

Lynn x

SerenityValley

Happy in the meantime
Good luck, Lynn, hope all goes well!

dizzyday71

Well as the song says, my bags are packed I'm ready to go. Coach to London at 8.35am tomorrow and then Eurostar to Brussels, hotel overnight and then surgery Tuesday. Still not feeling too nervous, although got a little upset trying to explain to my husband about my life insurance (not that I plan to go anywhere) and my worries that he won't know what to do with any of our finances, I sort all the bills and everything. So any early night for me. Not sure what the wifi situation will be like so will hopefully see you on the other side. Lynn x
hey Lynn how did you get on? How are you feeling? Xx

ladilindy

Sorry it's taken so long to get back you , wifi in hospital didn't seem to like my tablet. Everything went great, have had very little pain, now resting back in the hotel until I head home Saturday. Only bad thing is I seem to have lost my mobile phone. Will do a proper explanation of everything when I get home

Lynn x

dizzyday71

Sorry it's taken so long to get back you , wifi in hospital didn't seem to like my tablet. Everything went great, have had very little pain, now resting back in the hotel until I head home Saturday. Only bad thing is I seem to have lost my mobile phone. Will do a proper explanation of everything when I get home Lynn x
oh that's great news Lynn, chat when you get home xx

dizzyday71

Hi, can I please ask, how long from the last appt seeing surgeon to getting op date was it Thx
I saw my surgeon on 29 th jan 15, I was called on the 5th March, & booked in for the op on 30th March, then it was cancelled on 27th March and is now rescheduled for the 20th April. Hope this helps Hun xx

ladilindy

Hi Tules

I am doing well, very little pain and drinking like mad. I am also lucky that I can have yogurt so that feels a little more substantial.

Managed a little walk around the park today, fortunately it was warm and my dog only wanted two circuits. I hope things are going well for you

Lynn x

dizzyday71

Hi Tules I am doing well, very little pain and drinking like mad. I am also lucky that I can have yogurt so that feels a little more substantial. Managed a little walk around the park today, fortunately it was warm and my dog only wanted two circuits. I hope things are going well for you Lynn x
It's good to hear you are doing so well Lynn. I restarted the LSD today, fingers crossed two weeks today I will be going in & joining you on the losers bench. Don't forget to let us know how your doing, are you keeping a daily diary? Xx