• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2015 Surgeries

ladilindy

Hi Dizzy

Hope the LSD is going well, not long for you now hopefully. I do feel blessed to be so pain free, although my body does remind me when I try to do to much. I've just seen my GP and been set up with all my meds and he has signed me off for 4 weeks.

I have started a diary on here, I hope it will be keep me focussed during this journey.

Oh and weigh in 1 week after surgery 12lbs:eek: making a total loss of 2st 1lb!!

Lynn x

dizzyday71

Hi Dizzy Hope the LSD is going well, not long for you now hopefully. I do feel blessed to be so pain free, although my body does remind me when I try to do to much. I've just seen my GP and been set up with all my meds and he has signed me off for 4 weeks. I have started a diary on here, I hope it will be keep me focussed during this journey. Oh and weigh in 1 week after surgery 12lbs:eek: making a total loss of 2st 1lb!! Lynn x
well done Lynn that is a fantastic weight loss :) you must be careful your still early days out of surgery you don't want to be over doing things & pulling something you shouldn't. I will look for your diary, it will give me a good idea of what to expect. Enjoy those 4 weeks, I don't know what your weather is like but it is glorious here & its promising to be good all week xxx

DayMyLifeBegan

Had my surgery 4th march. I am wondering who the hell suffered from thrush post op.... it drove me mental and nothing will shift it.

mouse57

I'm not sure why but I had itchy skin after surgery it was like ants crawling under my skin, maybe one of the NH S bods on here will be able to,give you an answer, but it drove me mad especially on my bum, I thought it was because I was sitting for so long but it was all over so that didn't make sense try some antihistamine tablets, there are small enough to swallow without causing a problem. I think personal it's the anaesthetic. As for thrush it could be because your run down.

DayMyLifeBegan

Hi, can I please ask, how long from the last appt seeing surgeon to getting op date was it Thx

Hiya, I went to the hospital and was put on the waiting list on 9th January 2015, had a call 24th Jan to say my op was on the 4th march. It was a lot quicker than i was expecting.

DayMyLifeBegan

I'm not sure why but I had itchy skin after surgery it was like ants crawling under my skin, maybe one of the NH S bods on here will be able to,give you an answer, but it drove me mad especially on my bum, I thought it was because I was sitting for so long but it was all over so that didn't make sense try some antihistamine tablets, there are small enough to swallow without causing a problem. I think personal it's the anaesthetic. As for thrush it could be because your run down.

Apparently thrush is common after surgery because of the amount of antibiotics they give you in hospital, but it seems to be clearing now. But i know what you mean with the itching!!! My back, bum and wrists are driving me up the wall, even now when writing this.

I am going to invest in antihistamines, only talking about getting some last night. I have no idea if size matters for me, have you seen the size of the forcevel tablets? haha, my pesseries for my thrush were smaller than them.

mouse57

Aldi sell for 89 pence and they are the same as the ones from Gp on prescription I was paying out £7:20 a few years ago for 28 tablets only to find pound land were selling the same ones. I bought a packet took it to boots and asked the pharmacist if they were the same, guess who stopped paying for the prescribed ones. Months simple for £2 as the advert says SIMPLES lol

mouse57

The only good thing is now pharmacists will tell you you can get them cheaper over e counters but they won't tell you to go to Aldi's lol

Labelle

Hi guys it's been a while..hope all is well with everyone just checking in..so it's been 5 weeks since I had my bypass and I have lost 1.4 stones..I thought I would have lost more by now but hey ho atleast it's going down...last week I had a 3kg gain but lost it this week..it freaked me out I must say maybe it's down to bieng the time of the month plus not exercising I was advised six weeks by my team before any strenuous activity so am hoping to be back in gym soon hopefully that will help with weight loss. But all in all everything has been going well no dumping so far just, contantly tired but I can cope with a bit of fatigue.

ladilindy

Hi Labelle, well done on your loss, I am just over 4 weeks post bypass and have lost 1st 5lbs since op and 2st 8lbs since pre op. I have been very lucky and not had any problems, seeing my GP tomorrow to decide if I am ready to go back to work. Fatigue is my main issue at the moment, I suddenly find I run out of energy.

Lynn x

xbander

I am 5 weeks post bypass as well, all has gone well, i have lost 1st 3 lb but have come to a standstill for the past 2.5 weeks, i thought i would of lost more but hay ho. I will start exercising after i see my consultant on Tuesday 5th. Glad all going ok

andiebee

Hi I am 7 weeks post opp and 2 stone off , 3 post opp so have lost 5 in total so pleased with my self too , on solid foods now too thank god had toast today for first time lush x

Labelle

Nice to know everyone is doing well...seems to me that everyone is losing at the same rate in the amount of time...started to think there was something wrong with me...congrats guys we are doing it...next year this time it will be a different story for all of us...no complication I thank god..is any one else having problems with constipation? Plus am also stuggling with fluids..I can't quiet manage even a litre a day and my dietician recommended 2 litres.

ladilindy

Not having much issue with constipation, usually go every other day. Fluids on the other hand, I have to really think about drinking, even with my bottle of water next to me I still forget

Lynn x

DayMyLifeBegan

Not having much issue with constipation, usually go every other day. Fluids on the other hand, I have to really think about drinking, even with my bottle of water next to me I still forget

Lynn x

I am exactly the same. Sometimes I wake in the night thirsty and gulp and like... ****! I must be used to being dehydrated in the day.

discojen

Wow! No one on here since April!

How are you all?

I'm great, feeling fit and well and have lost 6st 11lb in total, 4st 7lb since my op

X

SerenityValley

Happy in the meantime
My figures are all in my sig.

everything going well but still not eating much. Struggle with meat unless minced turkey, and don't bother with starchy carbs.

Glad you are doing well :)

SerenityValley

Happy in the meantime
How is everyone doing? Anyone still her?

I got to 25 on the bmi this week. Think that means I'm no longer overweight.