• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Massive hello to everyone from a nervous newbie :)

All the best, hope you find the support on here helpful. I am new and find it's really helpful with bits of info and at picking you up when you're feeling fed up with it all! xx

Something I just thought abour which is really helpful for pre op banders is look on you tube for the 8 golden rules. It is an Australian surgeon and gives u a good overview of what life with a band is. My surgeon recommended everyone to watch it. I already did prior to the appointment and I think it made it easier for me. Just a though hth xxx

Consultation all done & surgery date, sorted!

Thanks miserable, listening to that video as I type... trying to see if I can multi task :)

I had my consultation today! Glad I read on these forums what to expect, especially from my surgeon Dr El Hasani... he of few words & abrupt manner... but also lots of reassuring letters written after his name, so I can definitely forgive the manner! ;)

Thankfully I also met Claire who was the good cop to Hasani's bad cop and answered all my hastily scribbled questions. I had read so much about the procedure (and learned so much on these fantastic forums) that I didn't have much to ask really.

My main questions revolved around having fills/aspiration prior to flights (apparently I don't need to worry about this, which is a huge relief) - but unfortunately I will have to self-administer heparin (i think) after the op which I am feeling queasy at the thought of!! I just don't like watching needles go in so may have to hunt for someone to do this for me... :eek:

Anyway the upshot is that I have a surgery date of Jan 7th now & am so happy! Excited and just want to get it done & over with. Also relieved my pre-op diet isn't as restrictive as others I've read about on here, it is pretty much a strictly healthy diet, hurrah!! :):)

Last edited:
Yes I had to do the heparin for 10 days I think it was....it really isn't that bad at all....good luck!!

10 days?!!? Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!! You are talking to the girl who can't even wax her own legs without breaking into a sweat... the number of times I have applied wax only to have to wash it all off again!! :p

Do they show you exactly how and where, and how deep to go in? I know I'm overreacting but I really do hate the thought of it...:sigh:

7th of Jan, that's wonderful, it ll come round very quickly. It's a Saturday right?

Back