• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone :) from a Newbie

Mouse M

Hi guys!

I'm Mouse (prefer to stay anon for the time being!) and I'm 22 y.o. female medical student - having yo-yo dieted for the majority of my life (since I was 10!) I am now a very unhappy 16 stone.

However - I'm booked in to have a gastric band this Sunday! Going through Healthier Weight and booked to have the SILS (single incision) procedure with Dr. Favretti I'm both terrified and equally so excited - can't wait to start this journey and meet some fellow lovely like-minded individuals.

I've had a quick scan of some of the posts and have seen some really inspirational and motivational stuff.

Anyway just wanted to say hello :)

Hello!

It's definitely an excited/terrifying time! But in the end, I personally, wouldn't have changed a thing. :) G'Luck!

Hi guys! I'm Mouse (prefer to stay anon for the time being!) and I'm 22 y.o. female medical student - having yo-yo dieted for the majority of my life (since I was 10!) I am now a very unhappy 16 stone. However - I'm booked in to have a gastric band this Sunday! Going through Healthier Weight and booked to have the SILS (single incision) procedure with Dr. Favretti I'm both terrified and equally so excited - can't wait to start this journey and meet some fellow lovely like-minded individuals. I've had a quick scan of some of the posts and have seen some really inspirational and motivational stuff. Anyway just wanted to say hello :)

Hi Hun

Welcome :)

All the best for Saturday. There is July Surgery thread that you may be interested in joining. I am having a sleeve on the 23rd July so we will be sat on the losers bench together.

Let us know how it goes - you will be fine!

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Mouse - best of luck for yours.

Hi & welcome xx

Hi guys! I'm Mouse (prefer to stay anon for the time being!) and I'm 22 y.o. female medical student - having yo-yo dieted for the majority of my life (since I was 10!) I am now a very unhappy 16 stone. However - I'm booked in to have a gastric band this Sunday! Going through Healthier Weight and booked to have the SILS (single incision) procedure with Dr. Favretti I'm both terrified and equally so excited - can't wait to start this journey and meet some fellow lovely like-minded individuals. I've had a quick scan of some of the posts and have seen some really inspirational and motivational stuff. Anyway just wanted to say hello :)

Hi mouse m, welcome..... Good luck with your surgery X

Hi Mouse I had my gastric band fitted 3 weeks ago through healthier weight in Birmingham, they are fantastic. I've had no problems at all. Good luck with ur journey xx

Hi Mouse I had my gastric band fitted 3 weeks ago through healthier weight in Birmingham, they are fantastic. I've had no problems at all. Good luck with ur journey xx
Oh brilliant that's so reassuring to hear! How long did it take you to be back on your feet? Were you in pain a lot after?

Hi mouse I had mine fitted on Saturday. I was very sore for a few days and whilst Im still a bit sore where the port is, I feel so much better today and even went for an interview an hour away.

The only thing causing me issues really is constipation but I was already a bit bunged before the op so I would recommend staying well hydrated before the op to avoid that before you go in. Damage limitation :)

I was feeling like myself within a few days but the trapped wind took about a week to pass. I was back at work in a week. Hope all goes well xx

Back