• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2016 surgerys

Really exciting just finished day 5 of preop diet and not too bad . Im a little hungry at bed time but quite happy through the day. Really being good no sugar in tea sugar free drinks in really trying.

Mine is for 18th May almost a year since referral.

I've weighed this morning to see if diet has made a difference , i wasn't expecting to lose weight but im 5 pounds down since Monday .Can this be right ? I weighed later on to check it was right and it said the same. Only 9 more days to go till op.

I've weighed this morning to see if diet has made a difference , i wasn't expecting to lose weight but im 5 pounds down since Monday .Can this be right ? I weighed later on to check it was right and it said the same. Only 9 more days to go till op.

Erin .. Do you have a Boots near you ? If you do , go weigh yourself on their scales , it's a 50p coin and you get a print out to keep ..
I wish I had used this scale the first day on my LSD .. I have found a huge difference of probably 7lbs between my own scales , hospital scales and Boots scales .. My figures just didn't add up , I knew I'd lost 18lb pre op , and then another 10lbs post op

Your doing so well !
Mindy
Xxx

Good luck to you all !
Xxxxx

Thanks for your help going to boots in morning to pick up my giant bag of tablets so will try their scales. They had a sale in asda on all the scales and i have weight watchers digi ones so was thinking of going for the larger salter old style type. Had meeting at work today and told my head boss whats what and she was fine with personal operation will be off for 6 weeks and i told her the actual reason she was so lovely. Feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as i know everything hunky dory at work . I've only got to work 3 days next week as got a day off for mrsa swabs and to meet surgeon and my boss has given me the Sunday off to get ready . Good luck to everyone for their upcoming surgeries .

I know super lucky and ive been really worried about it for months. All that extra worry for nothing .

Mine is for 18th May almost a year since referral.

Just heard today it's been changed to 1st June, not really happy with the delay :(

Oh that's sad news , but it does give you a little extra time to make sure your fighting fit for the theatre ..
It's only a little hiccup . Make good use of it .. Time will fly ..

Did you go to Boots ?

Oh that's sad news , but it does give you a little extra time to make sure your fighting fit for the theatre ..
It's only a little hiccup . Make good use of it .. Time will fly ..

Did you go to Boots ?

I will use the time to test out some of these seemingly alien concepts such as not mixing food with drinks :eek:
I am weighing at Boots every 2 weeks. Have also been told to follow the meal replacement milkshake diet, will try Asda and Tesco. Don't really mind milk, (though not keen on skimmed, yuk) but it does make me bloated...

Did you find a difference in the scales like I did ?
I'm not weighing again until Sunday . It's very hard not to step on the scales at home though .. I think I might get hubby to hide the battery from it :)

Did you find a difference in the scales like I did ?
I'm not weighing again until Sunday . It's very hard not to step on the scales at home though .. I think I might get hubby to hide the battery from it :)

Hahaha, hiding the battery is one way!

Yes, all 3 are different, (home, boots and hospital) with the home one showing the lowest so I add a kilo to whatever it says but the Boots and hospital are only about 0.2kg off which I put down to clothes etc...

Good luck to all having surgery in May, looking forward to reading all about your journeys xox

Back