• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Passport after weightloss

DayMyLifeBegan

Hey guys, just wondering what everyone did about their passports post weightloss.

I myself don't have a passport nor drivers license and am applying. But is it a waste of time now when i may have to change it later because of the weight loss?

Problem is though I am going to Dubrovnik in May 2016 and obviously need my passport but still wont be at my final weight so I am unsure of when to apply.

Xx

I don't think it matters about your weight on the passport..I think licence might be different (I'm still learning) the passport maybe just the picture that looks different..if your not away till 2016 I would hold off till maybe 3 months before you go and then apply!? X

Thank you I was thinking about holding off as long as possible. I just hope there is no hold up as ill be booking at the end of the year.

I flew when I'd lost 6 stone. No problems. I will have to get another one next time I go though. I've lost 17 stone and look absolutely nothing like my picture. It's the same pic on my provisional drivers licence and when I get ID'd (very rarely now) they don't believe it's me. Happened to me buying cig's the other day and I had it with me but just sighed and said I'm 34 and they were ok with it because I couldn't face the whole conversation about it not looking anything like me. Flattering from friends etc but a hassle if you just want to get out of the shop. I imagine in an airport, especially coming back, it could be difficult to explain if you look very different. Might even be illegal, not sure about that one. So I think I'd hold off as long as you safely can as passports are expensive.

Back