• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery at Luton & Dunstable 24th February 2016

Mo1963

Hi , is any one else up on this date for surgery,24th/2/2016 I am wth (Mr jain surgeon) had my pre op done on wed 17th .
Has anyone been under this surgeon? X

Well here I am. Sitting on the bed at the travel lodge. Room is nice enough, clean also.
Am I nervous, yes, very much so but also very excited, it's been a long wait, and now it's a matter of hours , I have our Mollie moos here lol the chihuahua, that will keep me busy enough. I am actually a little more relaxed at the minute , at the minute lol.

Good luck...let us know how you are tomorrow x x

Good luck for tomorrow Mo x

All the best for tomorrow x

Good luck mo I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow, I know you will be fine and I'm sooooo jealous xx

Sending hugs Mo x

Hi everyone , I am having real probs getting to grips with the site, anyway, I am 5 days post op, I had problems after surgery with a partial collapsed right lung. Low blood pressure also. Well I went to theatre around 8am and only left recovery after 9pm when I had been made stable, I was sent to HDU, spent Thursday there and went home on Thursday night, well we went to the travel lodge and I was going to rest up overnight, my other half went to get me some juice , while he was out the lipping fire alarm went off n the building had to be evacuated. Omg I was three stairways up and no lifts trying to manage down the stairs wth our Mollie lol. Outside freezing cold no slippers on , within ten mins we all had to go in again. Well I slept until 3 am was too sore n just wanted to go home, quite an experience. Well it was the most painful car journey ever. I felt every bump in the road. Had to stop about six times. Well sat I had impacted bowel, doc came out, was ment to be a nurse come to give a dreaded enema, we waited all day n no one came, apparently no one give them the message! Meanwhile I had been in agony.
Well it's day five n I went out a short walk today. Still painful, lots of bruising. But I am on the recovery road. Sorry it's soooo loooooong a message guys but I thought I should fill you in on things. As for Luton n Dunstable, they were so amazing, taking great care of me. My surgeon nd anaesthetist stayed right up till I was made stable, I can't remember much after weakening up as I passed out ,what flash backs I do have we're not nice cos I couldn't breathe. But onward and upward guys, I am not going to lie about my experience after surgery as I do believe in speaking the truth. Thinking of all you guys, onward and upwards xxxxx

Hi Mo
Sounds pretty eventful glad ur slowly getting in the right side now I'm nearly sux weeks post op and it does get easier Xx

Hi everyone , I am having real probs getting to grips with the site, anyway, I am 5 days post op, I had problems after surgery with a partial collapsed right lung. Low blood pressure also. Well I went to theatre around 8am and only left recovery after 9pm when I had been made stable, I was sent to HDU, spent Thursday there and went home on Thursday night, well we went to the travel lodge and I was going to rest up overnight, my other half went to get me some juice , while he was out the lipping fire alarm went off n the building had to be evacuated. Omg I was three stairways up and no lifts trying to manage down the stairs wth our Mollie lol. Outside freezing cold no slippers on , within ten mins we all had to go in again. Well I slept until 3 am was too sore n just wanted to go home, quite an experience. Well it was the most painful car journey ever. I felt every bump in the road. Had to stop about six times. Well sat I had impacted bowel, doc came out, was ment to be a nurse come to give a dreaded enema, we waited all day n no one came, apparently no one give them the message! Meanwhile I had been in agony. Well it's day five n I went out a short walk today. Still painful, lots of bruising. But I am on the recovery road. Sorry it's soooo loooooong a message guys but I thought I should fill you in on things. As for Luton n Dunstable, they were so amazing, taking great care of me. My surgeon nd anaesthetist stayed right up till I was made stable, I can't remember much after weakening up as I passed out ,what flash backs I do have we're not nice cos I couldn't breathe. But onward and upward guys, I am not going to lie about my experience after surgery as I do believe in speaking the truth. Thinking of all you guys, onward and upwards xxxxx
Wow you've been through the Mill a bit!
Hope all is getting easier as you go along.. Take care x

Hi everyone ,
Well it's 8 days Post Op and the good news is that I have been feeling allot better , small steps often is the moto, thank god for my chihuahua she is great company, she loves lil walks lol. Well I am smiling, had the nurse out today. Still got bowel probs , the wounds are healing lovely, I have been making soup today with carrot n beef n onion n cabbage and the lovely oxo, which I am not too keen on, but it'll do , blitz it up n put into little kilnar jars, store in fridge. I would have like a ramekin size or small bowl size wth a smooth yogurt for dinner. I also make up some almond milk 2 dates and half a banana nd blitz it till smooth. That. One is v tasty. All in all guys I am. Moving forward, avoiding Tyhe scales tho till the bowel problem sorted !!!! X Ty guys for all the previous messages please keep it coming xxx

Glad your feeling better Mo. I had really bad bm till I stated on purée I think it's down to lack of nutrients and food. Keep up with water sip all day between those soups.

Oh poor you, glad your doing better X lactulose and plenty of fluid for your bowel issues X

Back