• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Meal sizes and restriction

cassiecat

Hi All,

just after some friendly advice please x

My meal sizes are roughly a sml ramekin - I eat my protein first then veg if any room then Carbs (Mashed Potato) . Some times I can manage whole ramekin sometimes not.
But when I have soup I have no restriction - can eat 500ml in one go? Homemade or Canned.
Is this ok?

I am eating healthy foods , typical daily menu below:

B - Weetabix
S - 1/2 banana
L - Soup or 3 melba toast with philly light
S - low fat yoghurt
D - Meat (of some variety) Veg & Mash
S - Baby bel light - or 2 melba toast & philly

I drink between 1.5 - 2 litres of fluids a day
(sometimes less if busy day)

I only ask as since the 13 Jan have lost only 5lbs!!! lost 3 stone in first 6 weeks, am worried that am doing something wrong but am keeping to diet advice given by Spire.

I didnt think would platue so soon and as this is all so new am just a little concerned - any words of wisdom / advice / reassurance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you :eek:

Hun looks like you are doing just fine.... the soup you will be able to eat more of as it goes straight through. so carry on as you are... if you are still worried then give your dietician a call. Also your weight will platue now and then xxx

Hun looks like you are doing just fine.... the soup you will be able to eat more of as it goes straight through. so carry on as you are... if you are still worried then give your dietician a call. Also your weight will platue now and then xxx

Thanks Rayne xx
This is all so new and sometimes a little confusing too!!
I worry bout everything - fought so hard for this and wanna make sure am doing things right! :eek:

i was exactly the same hun... dont worry about asking anything.. im only 9 weeks post op, but if i cant help you, you know someone here can xx

Thanks Marie x
i know 5lb is good - but just thought would come off quicker to begin with - dunno why just did ! And i know 3 stone in 6 weeks is quick, lol xx Think problem was bought scales after my 6 weeks post op check and got obsessed with weighing myself! Now have been put away!!

hiya hun had my first appointment with bariatric nurse since my op today and spoke to her about portion size as i have seen so many different opiions on here. She said everyone is different, keep portions small and make sure you are eating you protein first. a small kids plate (although i cant do this yet!) is fine as long as youeat slowly and stop when ur pouch tells you to. so sounds like you are doing just perfect to me. keep well xxx

Cant imagine ever getting to small plate lol x Ramekin is all can manage at mo (n not full one of them some days) xx
thanks for reply Becky xx

Doing just fine hun,you will eat more later as your insides heal more and your tum adjusts.I was exactly the same and have now lost nearly 7st at 11 months!

Hey cassiecat.

I also plateau'd quite early on; about 3 weeks or less, post sleeve, and I was very upset about it, kept posting on here. And I hadn't lost 3 stone previously either, so you're doing better than I was! I did have a lower starting weight though.

My surgeon explained it to me by drawing a zigzag going downwards in the air, with the level bits quite long, if you get my meaning. He said: that's your weight loss. Your body is very efficient at adjusting to new situations after a while; at first you will lose weight, then the body gets used to the less food and you'll plateau. then after a while, it will let go again and you'll start losing again.

I found that increasing my fluids helped a lot in moving past the plateau. Also here in Israel I am doing a LOT of very hilly walking every day and that is also helping, so maybe increase your exercise.

I am also 9 weeks post op, but I can't even eat as much as you are describing.

Back