• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

return of demon head hunger...

chubby funster

I'm about ten weeks post op, ish. I've been (I think) fortunate enough to have pretty much lost my appetite after the op and this has really helped me control things. However the past week or so hunger as definitely increased. I'm frightened that I might be confusing it with head hunger?! I'm so scared of mucking this up. My average day recently is....
B - slice of toasted brown danish with marmite or 2 large tablespoons of oat granola stuff with skimmed milk or fat free yog

L - either a bit of chicken, 1/2 ww meal, soup or crispbreads with peanut butter or cottage cheese

T - either 1/2 ww meal, 1 and 1/2 bacon rasher with a cheese slice and or beans/pasta (couple of large tblsp), or some veg and mash

In addition to meals I have regularly had a few nuts (almonds and cashews) for extra protein during the day (normally mid morning).

Now however I'm getting hungry in an evening and I've been having 1/2 slice toast (can't do whole slice) or a bit more granola or a cheese slice. Am I eating too much???
Help!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

I'm about ten weeks post op, ish. I've been (I think) fortunate enough to have pretty much lost my appetite after the op and this has really helped me control things. However the past week or so hunger as definitely increased. I'm frightened that I might be confusing it with head hunger?! I'm so scared of mucking this up. My average day recently is....
B - slice of toasted brown danish with marmite or 2 large tablespoons of oat granola stuff with skimmed milk or fat free yog

L - either a bit of chicken, 1/2 ww meal, soup or crispbreads with peanut butter or cottage cheese

T - either 1/2 ww meal, 1 and 1/2 bacon rasher with a cheese slice and or beans/pasta (couple of large tblsp), or some veg and mash

In addition to meals I have regularly had a few nuts (almonds and cashews) for extra protein during the day (normally mid morning).

Now however I'm getting hungry in an evening and I've been having 1/2 slice toast (can't do whole slice) or a bit more granola or a cheese slice. Am I eating too much???
Help!!

It's so funny but i'm at the same stage as yourself and only this week i have said to my hubby that i feel like i want to keep reaching for a little snack or something. I don't feel hungry as such but the urge is there to want something in the evenings. x

It's so confusing isn't it?! X

i wonder whether it's because we're getting into the routine of eating a little more normally and the pleasure of eating is coming back, therefore triggering old habits ??? like you say it's confusing x

It does happen girls,I have a milky coffee or options drink but only have half a mug of that.Sometimes I have a weetabix or cracker and laughing cow cheese.Get your protein in but low gi carbs keep your blood sugar levels up.A diabetic Nursing Sister recommended eating low gi bread,toasted its very filling.Maz x

Thanks for that advice! I might make a return to milk. I've been put off it a little of late as past couple of times its made me feel a bit sickly and had effect at the other end if you know what I mean Eurgh!! But I think the break may have done me good!
Fear is an overwhelming emotion on this journey, but I must admit its not something I want to lose, it helps keep me on the straight and narrow!

I too find that I get hungry in the evening.... I tend to reach for some fruit as it always fills the gap. Another good idea is icepoles, I eat them all the time :) I buy them from asda they are £1 for 6 and they have about 70 cals in them and as they are sweet they help with the cravings!!!!
Tasha xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mmm thanks Tasha! X

we generally eat dinner early because of the kids but because i'm quite early on i don't want to eat again, but fancy something nice, so i have an options chocolate orange hot chocolate and its only 38 calories and tastes really like a terry's chocolate orange and make it with 3/4 milk to top up on protein, works for me, try the chocolate brownie one too its lush!!xx xx

we generally eat dinner early because of the kids but because i'm quite early on i don't want to eat again, but fancy something nice, so i have an options chocolate orange hot chocolate and its only 38 calories and tastes really like a terry's chocolate orange and make it with 3/4 milk to top up on protein, works for me, try the chocolate brownie one too its lush!!xx xx
are the fat and sugar fairly low in these??

Thats a good idea too! Thanks! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

My hospital bariatric nurse said that I wasn't allowed options :( I'm only 4 days post surgery but am managing all the soup I give myself with no problem, but struggle with Slimfast.
Psychologically I feel like I need something in the evening, but in practicality I daren't really try anything. Might hurt, and stop me sleeping!

My post op diet sheet says low sugar ovaltine with milk. If this allowed why wouldn't options? I though we were allowed anything as long as it was less than 5% sugar or fat.

Back