• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Medication

Nkpjkb56

Have my band fitted in 5 days so I went to my docs to discuss the meds aim on if they are available in liquid form she said I should be ok to swallow tablets is this correct

yes, most tablets are perfectly ok to be swallowed, many people take normal meds without any issue, check with a pharmacist to see if what you
Take can be crushed or cut in half, not all can as some have a protective coating, but you may be ok.

But if the ey are pretty normal tablets there shouldn't be too much of a problem. All of my migraine tablets and painkillers are full tablet form.

Last edited:
I take meds 4 times a day and they have told me it is okay no problems to take at all, they are for apparently not affected by op ....which is this evening ! my brain isn't catching up as I am not worried at all at the moment.anyway hope that helps just keep taking them they have asked me to take mine with me into hospital

I was told just the opposite. My Meds for high blood pressure and high dosage painkiller have been changed..Co-codamol is effevesant and truly vile to take but other have been switched to much smaller tablets..My provider said first 3 months tablets should be chewable or dissolvable ?

Same here, lots of problems trying to get tablets down once I had the band, got a lot worse since the bypass, can only get really tiny tablets down. I have everything soluble or crushable that I can.

Maybe wait and see, you may be fine.

Back