• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Messed up!!

claudiadearman

So I started my milk diet this Monday (5days ago) and I've lost 12lbs!!! Yesterday I must of caught a bug my glands are up, I feel sick, had a temp of 104 :-( all I wanted was some food to boost my energy levels to fight off the illness, so I could start feeling better.
So I did I had a few slices of ham and a fat free Greek yogurt and last night some toast. Now I feel really bad. I think I've done really well and I will get back on with it tomorrow as feeling a lot better but did I do the right thing? Feeling very guilty :-( xx

If this is your preop diet you need to ring the hospital and see what they say. If its to lose weight, its still not great, but you need to remember that cheating on your preop can increase your chances of being sewn up without them doing the op, as well as the chance of increased bleeding..

the pre-op diet isn't just about losing lbs it's to prepare the liver for surgery and what Yvessa has written is really important, speak to the team to see what they say, it could effect them wanting to proceed with surgery.

Okay hon. I'm sure they'll be supportive, but try to keep your head in the game from now on - don't eat guilty.

So called the hospital and spoke to heather and she said it was fine and not to upset myself as it wasn't a pre op and 8 days in I still got my target, I now have two weeks too loose more weight so sticking to my milk diet I'm now officially my lightest ive been in 6 years. Can't wait to see my surgeon on the 19th now yay xxx

Back