• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm moving to Wiltshire for Happy Ever After:)

phatmomma

Well do i have a fairy story to tell you lot or what?

My beloved Trevor didn't have a good start in life :(......... He was adopted aged 1 by a lady who was married to a soldier. They divorced when he was very small and he lived with his 'mum', she left him in Wiltshire (a little village called Corsham) with his godparents for a few months while she got settled in the US, she was going to send for him once settled. Trev was 8 at this time. (Did i mention she'd tried to have him adopted twice by this point?).... Anyhow 7 years later my Trev told his social worker he wanted to see his mom, a visa was promptly arranged and within weeks he was on the plane to California to a life of fun in the sun and to be reunited with his 'mom'. 12 months later they returned to the UK, to visit relatives he thought, once here she took him to the YMCA and told him he couldn't go back as her new hubby didn't want him there.... By now Trev was 16 yrs old! Before leaving 'mom' told my lovely hubby that his foster family (who were also his grandparents) did not want any contact with him and to not make contact with them...........

Lots more drama happened in Trev's life, a book would/could be a bestseller...

Anyway this year after my wls while i was still off work sick me and Trev took a drive down to Wiltshire, we wanted to go to Longleat. We visited Corsham to see if we could find any traces of the family but no luck. I suggested to my husband he contact the local church as the family were religious. Email was duly sent off to the local church and within a week we had a phone number and of his foster brother :). Well phone calls happened with an invite down to Chippenham to visit, which we did in October.... It was absolutely fabulous. They were a lovely family and a lot of truths and lies revealed. Trevor was heartbroken when he learned that his godparents had died, especially as his foster brother told him that his godfather loved him like a son. These lovely people were more parent to him than his own.... We visited their grave and Trevor said goodbye tearfully, while i silently thanked them for loving him and giving him a good solid taste of family....

Anyway, i babble on.... The end result is this: After 35 years my husband has family (apart from his daughter) and they have encouraged us in our decision to move down to be near them. We were planning to move out of Wolverhampton anyway, maybe not as far as Chippenham, but a relocation. I won't have any family in the area apart from my lovely girls and Trev, however this will be enough for me i hope! So i have a new job and am looking forward to making some new friends in Wiltshire.

So if you live near Chippenham way and fancy a new friend in a few months feel free to let me know :)

ps, sorry for the long story, but given the time of year i thought it was nice to find a happy ending :)

Flipping heck, i never realised it was that big! Sorry xxx

It's a great pathway Julie to a beautiful place... doors will be opening and your love and confidence is shining through... wishing you every happiness in your new venture and willing all of your plans to fall into fruition without too much hassle... you deserve the break and it's a great opportunity.

Love and hugs to you all xxx

Aaw Julie - What a fabulous story!

I truly hope you and Trev and your girls are really happy in Wiltshire, its so lovely to be making special new roots after all this time.

Hope everything works out well for you all. God Bless you and have a Brilliant Christmas and New year!

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Thats great news for you hun xxxxx That is where I am staying at the mo for the festivities with my lovely sister who lives in Chippenham.She said she would be more than happy to show you around and meet up etc????? i will pm you her facebook if you like?????

God dont you love a happy ending!See my mum always said 'you never know whats round the next corner...'

Oh Julie, like Maz I love a story with a happy ending. I know Corsham, my sister lives in Westbury which is not far from there. I'm not sure when I'll be down that way again as I've fallen out a bit with her, but that's another story. You are a very brave lady diving into the unknown, but I know the feeling. Wishing you all the best. xx

Wow Julie, what a lovely story...not so good to start off with but such a lovely ending. Im wishing you and Trev and of course the girls a wonderful new life :D What a lot of new beginnings for you, you are very brave! (HUG) XX

Now Julie! where are we going to live (Oh yes I'm coming with you)
Really I hope you get a bigish house what with me and Lisa coming to stay oh and Patsy and everyone else on here LOL

Luvs ya!!!!! Coffee again soon.....Before you move lady

Lovely story my friend is adopted and his mother and father dont want to know him even 30 years later. i love a happy ending.

good luck with your move and new job sounds wonderful!

What a lovely story. And hopefully a very happy ending too. I wish you and Trev every happiness with your move Julie.
Grace xxx

Wowzers! What a sad story but with a fab ending! I wish you all the luck and love in the world and think how courageous you all are for moving! Huge hugs and all the very best for the family future together!
:) Love ya mate! x

Thank you all for your lovely messages!

Wendy you bet we'll do coffee again before i go, and i'll remember your offer of Paul to drive the van :) Luvs ya too xx

Here's to you and your new life hun! (I'd raise my glass - but I don't do alcohol, so it's water all the way!)

A new adventure for you and your family - enjoy! x

Hi Julie, I wish you and your family all the best in your new adventure together. I'm in Brum at dads so just down the road from you at the moment.

awwww i wish you all the very very best hunni, Im not far from wiltshire, ok a hr drive maybe x

Back