• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MILESTONE APPOINTMENT

genevive57

hi everyone,
going for my pre-op assessment at two o'clock today and anxious that something may 'go wrong' or not 'be right' at the eleventh hour!!
my gastric sleeve op is planned to take place on 08th march but i feel like i am jumping through loadsa hoops at the last minute.
i am having pre-op assessment this afternoon followed immediately by an assessment with the anaethetists. then, on thursday morning i have a psychological assessment and on thursday afternoon a sleep apnea assessment!!
i'm gonna be assessed to the max this week and everything seems soohhh stressful and i am fighting with myself in my head all the time - "am i doin the right thing? will i die on the operating table? can i live without fish and chips forever?"
am i being over the top paranoid or has anyone else had similar thoughts pre-op?
i hate to be a moaner and i do appreciate how very lucky i am to have my op funded by the nhs but i can't stop these negative thoughts. help.
jan xx:sigh:

I think your concerns are completely understandable and suspect most others feel the same in your position. I'm sure everything will go fine though and while you have a busy few days ahead it will be worth it when you're down to your ideal weight.

AND once you get there, you will prob be able to have fish and chips again just much less batter and not many chips but I bet that tiny little side plate portion will taste better than ever before x

I have my op the day after you . My pre op is next week & I will see the anaethatist straight after . I am just looking at it as them making sure I am ready , nothing to worry about .
Take some deep breaths hunni , all will be fine xx

thanks for your reply and support pandora.
i will post outcomes of all my appointments this week that may give you some insight before you start jumping through the hoops too.
good luck to you my love
loadsa love
jan xx

Back