• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet and Lactose Intolerance

PinkyButtonz

I hope to have Bypass in the near future.

I was wondering if anyone is Lactose Intolerant and how the got round the milk diet.

You dont have to always do a milk diet you can do a food based one very low carb diet

You dont have to always do a milk diet you can do a food based one very low carb diet

It was never mention to me only milk diet. Then again I'm weeks or months away from Bypass.

I thought if I can have soya milk or another alternative I'd rather follow that instead of having to deal with food.

there is a new milk on the market that is lactose free and apparently tastes just like normal milk

Hi Pinky. I spoke to the dietitian today about milk v. soya milk on the pre-op. She said firstly that I couldn't have soya as it would be too high in carbs. Any other soya I would agree, but I have Alpro unsweetened and it is much lower in carbs than even skimmed milk! She said it would be fine. It is alot lower in calcium too, and slightly higher in fat, but the dietitian said that was fine.

there is a new milk on the market that is lactose free and apparently tastes just like normal milk

I know that one, its semi-skimmed. So I usually avoid it.

Hi Pinky. I spoke to the dietitian today about milk v. soya milk on the pre-op. She said firstly that I couldn't have soya as it would be too high in carbs. Any other soya I would agree, but I have Alpro unsweetened and it is much lower in carbs than even skimmed milk! She said it would be fine. It is alot lower in calcium too, and slightly higher in fat, but the dietitian said that was fine.

Yeah thanks, some are lower in carbs and calories than other. I'll shop around when the time comes.

hi there is two diets the milk and low carb if your not given an option ask for it. Its salads lean meat,it does the same as the milk diet.x x sarah

Back