• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet problem: lactose intolerance

joannalouise

I'm not sure if this problem's been addressed before (if so, sorry!) but I'm a little concerned about the pre-op diet as I'm lactose intolerant and it seems to be rather heavy on the dairy!

It's only early days for me - I'm waiting for my surgery date - but if anyone knows what happens in this scenario, please shout up :)

Joanne, are you doing the 'milk' diet? If so you can get lactose free milk.

I became lactose intolerant for a few weeks post op and i had it. Tesco do one in a green carton which is lactose free.......... There are also yoghurts and things which are lactose free, have a word with your dietician when you see them xx

I am 5 days in to my milk diet and I am lactose intolerant. On the first day I was very wheezy and flemmy! I had my hosp appointment that afternoon so I asked about it then. There is an alternative diet-it is the low carb diet. It means u can eat on it- egg, tuna etc etc. Sounded great but I had my mind set to do the milk one so I didnt want to swap. If I had made it clear I would struggle before i even started then I could have got my mind set on the low carb one! Anyway, on the second day my intolerance had kinda disappeared! Now, I am not wheezy or anything! A lifetime of lactose intolerance cured by a milk diet! Hahahah!!! Hope this helps x

Back