• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting today!

Nellyphant

Eeekkkk!!!!!!

Having a gastric bypass on 14th May so pre-op starts today. Mine is a low fat, low carb diet restricted to 800 calories per day as I am lactose intolerant so can't do a milk diet or slim fast meal replacement diet. Apprehensive and scared! It makes the operation all the more real........

woohoo good luck :) xxx

Thank you. Will be holding out for breakfast as long as possible. I'll wait until I feel like I'm going to pass out!

Good luck!!! It'll fly by quicker than you imagine.

your having your op the same day as me but i dont start my diet till tomorrow though my hospital recomends a low cal food diet instead of a milk diet for the 2 weeks
look forward to comparing notes with you

sorry forgot to say good luck :D

Good Luck x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

Tried to eat as slow as I'll have to post op - good grief how bored did I get? Only ate half of it and it was only a teeny amount to start with! Huge learning curve ahead of me.

Best of luck x

good luck :) i did the same diet as you chicken was my tea almost every day boring i know but it works and is low cal :)

Good luck hun didn't realise you are a day in front of me x

hi ya ive started mine 2 day cos im on 13th but aving major wobbles 2day, i think its cos oh my god im doing this :)

I had my Sunday roast yesterday as my 'last supper' so to speak. Doing ok. Feel wobbly but it'll soon be tea time. Haven't eaten enough today as it took my 2 goes to eat my lunch and I only had a banana for breakfast. Having chicken with steamed green veggies and some bouillon over it (don't like dry food) whilst my DH and DD have left over beef. I can still have a yoghurt and some fruit if I need it later. I could also eat my breakfast oats as I didn't have them earlier! Weighed myself this morning and my DH is going to take some before pics tonight.

Thanks all for your encouragement and good luck messages.

Good luck Nelly!

Good luck to allof you on this thread that are awaiting their op and have started or going to start on their pre op diet. Part of the journey upto the top the day the flag goes on the summit is when you come round after the op, then you feel good but have to get back down the mountain and back on the trail of life its a wonderful journey with both ups and downs but fab too see the clothes that don't fit any more and the scales numbers getting littler thats my favourite bit. xxx

So this is what I had yesterday (Sun 29th April)

1 small banana
4 celery sticks
Tuna, mangetout and sugar snap peas
1/2 chicken breast, cabbage and bouillon
3 cups of tea with milk, 5 pints of NAS squash and 2 pints of pepsi max

Hi ya everyone im on day 2 of the pre op diet and just opened a cafe latte slim fast, i tried yesterday the food way but i dont fink i can get me head round so im going to try and do the milk one altho have weetabix for breakfast. good luck everyone :)

Back