• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet day 5 & confused !

SheWolf

Hi everyone. I saw the nutritionist last weds and he put me on 4pints milk and 2 litres of water everyday for 4 weeks. So I left the hospital all happy thinking this is good and I'm getting closer to my surgery but there's hasn't been much talk of surgery or a date. I assumed that the milk diet is what they ask you to do prior to surgery but with me putting my all into this I'm thinking what is the purposef it. I go back in just over 3 weeks. And of corse I will ask questions then but for the time being, if anyone can share their experience it make Sence of it for me?xx

I got details of my 10 day milk diet with my surgery date so I can't help. I'd ring them and clarify :)

Can't see the reason for them to put you on it for 4wks with no op in sight .... but as you said you will see them and ask x

This is what I'm thinking Tracey. I should have asked more questions but i was all wrapped up in the moment and was just so happy when I herd the worldS milk diet. Has anyone else experienced this?xx

Some people have to do the 4 week milk diet as a trial run - don't know why - probably to test commitment?

Where are you based and how far into things are you from referral etc?

I would contact your team and check - usually the preop appointment is done before you start the milk diet, I think.

I've read on this forum it's not always good to do the LSD before you need to something about how weight lose happens but if yourself have said go ahead then listen to them
I did the 1000 low calorie diet for 4 weeks but because I had already reduced my food intake months before I did OK on the LSD I know you will be OK on it

Are you at Luton & Dunstable by any chance...I know from previous posters that a 4 week milk diet is part of their process, but I think it is separate to the Liver Reducing Diet prior to surgery

Lynn x

I just don't understand it. Suppose I will just have to wait and see. Yes I am at L&D My next apointment is with the bariatric nurse so hopefully then all will make Sense x

I just don't understand it. Suppose I will just have to wait and see. Yes I am at L&D My next apointment is with the bariatric nurse so hopefully then all will make Sense x

I think it is part of their process to see how you cope with the liquid and then re-introducing food. Not something I have experience of but have read it quite a few times on here. Try searching for Luton & Dunstable or L&D on the forum and you should find lots of post about it

Lynn x

I agree with Lynn
I've seen this happen on my Facebook forum ..
I think they test you to see if you are deadly serious about the surgery ..basically to see if you want it enough ..
Mindy
Xxx

Oh god 4 weeks of milk...i would never want milk again...what a test of dedication that is. Good luck and stick with it if its just one of the hurdles x

Thanks for the replies. I'm finding it quite easy surprisingly. Tho I feel I'm living on the scales! starryeyed, what were you told before you started your milk diet? Did you have a date? X

Back