• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Diet - I nearly stole the dogs dinner AGGHHHHH

penguina

Well I came that close... :eek:

Not the tinned meat or biscuits but the left over carrots (and peas) I had ready to add to her dinner. :eat:

I had a piece of carrot in my hand... but no I stayed strong phew!

Seriously I know once piece of carrot, even though it is a root veg, wouldn't have seriously harmed me, but it could have been the start a slippery slope.
I haven't been that strong for donkeys years. :eatdrink023:

Last edited:

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Oh hun, must be so hard, just think not long now and be so worth it xx

Solga

Loool, I can understand you very well as I'm on my day 3 of milk diet. I have a very bad head hunger,but no way I'll allow myself to fail when I got so close to my op.
Hope we will survive and very good luck to you xx

BlueDiamond

staystrong.jpg

penguina

Thank you all guys Love the pic too, and happy surgiversay for yesterday Blue.

I can't say I am hungry at all it is just all in the mind, we have a friend staying and hubby and he have had rocky road cake, I did have to cover it in tinfoil (over the clingfilm!) so I couldn't see it all the time but that didn't tempt me like the carrot piece did It was so Orange and Pretty and ..!!!

Seriously thanks for all the support. This is a wonderful place :)

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
:)Well done Trisha:)
I just know you are going to rock your bypass
xxxJuliexxx

penguina

Awwwe thanks Julie - your a poppet! My original op date was tomorrow, but I don't feel bad about it, so much too do still.

I did wake up crying in the night though, I dreamed I was giving hubby my instructions of my ashes being scattered with my first dog, who was cremated 7 years ago, off the last hill in Cornwall. It has to be with a Northerly wind, so I blow out towards Lands End. I guess our subconscious works overtime. Ha Ha now I have depressed you all..!

suzz69uk

aww hugs. been there, wrote all my passwords down for banks etc and gave to my next of kin whilst on milk diet. But i came through surgery fine and i am sure you will to. well done on the milk diet. xx

penguina

Thanks Suzz. I feel fine during the day, but it is the sub conscious working overtime. Last night it was worrying about going to the loo while in hospital, as I need to go every five minutes and quickly a the mo.

You are so newly opped, how are you doing? My original date was today, so I would have been just behind you. What are you consuming at the moment if I can ask. I haven't really prepared for my first two weeks of fluids. I need to go shopping on Monday. How long did they keep you in? I think I am looking at 2 nights.

Kazziehill

Ah well done on your milk diet so far. I have to start mine on 9th august, so I have all this to come. I wish you lots of luck and just think how we will all look this time next year? I have made sure to put some pictures of me now on my profile and will take more as I loose weight ( hopefully) we can all do this. Lots of luck and luv kaz x

Rebirth

Hi Trisha,

I found the liver reducing diet hard to stick to. Like you, it wasn't the big things that caught me unawares, but the little things like the piece of grated cheese, bit of chicken off the bone etc. I was lucky or maybe not as mine was a high protein low carb diet.

Have you got a support group near you? It's always nice to meet up with people going through similar experiences. I'm on holiday in Truro the last 2 weeks in August so if you want to meet up and feel up to it we could.

Not long now. Keep up the strong will and determination. It has changed my life so much and will change yours...for the good.

love and hugs

Rebirthx

suzz69uk

Thanks Suzz. I feel fine during the day, but it is the sub conscious working overtime. Last night it was worrying about going to the loo while in hospital, as I need to go every five minutes and quickly a the mo.

You are so newly opped, how are you doing? My original date was today, so I would have been just behind you. What are you consuming at the moment if I can ask. I haven't really prepared for my first two weeks of fluids. I need to go shopping on Monday. How long did they keep you in? I think I am looking at 2 nights.

Hiya,

Don't worry once they put the IV fluids in you will be up and down every hour at least, we all were (4 of us on the ward) the nurses don't mind and come and unplug you so you can go.

I'm doing really well actually, the second day out I was poorly with wind and couldn't keep as much fluid down as I thought I should but it passed and yesterday was great, today I feel a million dollars.

I didn't buy much until after the surgery and my mum bought me a few bits afterwards. SRH tell you to go straight onto sloppy puree so mash, tuna, cheese, milk frozen veg and fruit. all of which are easy to grab and mush in blender. Since I have been out over the last few days I have tried: 2 or three teaspoons of food at a time of rice crispies mushy with milk for breakfast, tuna cheese and mash with gravy for lunch but this didn't seem to agree with me so reverted to half a cup a soup for lunch. I also had milk with mushed frozen fruit and ice and half a yoghurt. SRH suggest 1oz of protien 6 times a day, 1 oz of veg 2 times a day and 10z of cards 2 times a day all made to applesauce consistancy. I personally can not manage this amount yet, but am slowly building it up.

I was admitted Saturday 3pm and left lunchtime Tuesday. You will be up and about in no time! I was so shocked upon admittance that the 2 girls who had been in theatre that morning were wide awake and up and moving that night!

penguina

Hi Rebirth, I hope the weather stays good for your Cornish holiday, it has been fab for the past week, maybe it will break and come back for you, as it is too much to ask for it to hold for a month!!

I am possibly going to a support group tomorrow, if they confirm it is on. I have put it off a few times, and it has clashed on others, and the last 6 months has flown by. It's about a 70 mile round trip, so I want to be sure it is on before setting off.

I am glad you are doing well Suzz, you can be my inspiration. I will be the only one on the ward as they do one band and one bypass a week at Truro, and the bander usually goes home the same day. So I will be with poorly people who needed their op's rather than elective. I hope you are still a million dollars! But I guess there will be good and bad days.

I have a sheet that says clear liquids for two weeks, starting with water diluted juices and sugar free jelly. Even tea or coffee is without milk. Clear beef chicken and vegetable broths, so I guess I will make some soups when I come home. I only have a small freezer and that is full of hubbies meals. I can't see how you get that much protien in the first two weeks though on a liquid diet.

I am almost slavering at the thought of pureed food mmmmm Mmmmmm. oooh tuna cheese and mash my tastebuds..!

penguina

I take that all back the support group was last week as it is a five week month this month LOL Thanks to Zaneta for the lovely chat and confidence boost. xx