• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet issues

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
Hi I have stuck like glue to the milk diet for 8 days now and I am having great weight loss. (I and at Luton and Dunstable) Its literally Milk, Oxo, low cal jelly and thats it. I have been fine with that and I have been taking Fibogel as suggested by the dietitian.

Today I have the most awful constipation having not been for 5 days and I am feeling totally bunged up and very tearful. I have never had this before and I don't know what to do.

Without being too graphic it feels like I am sitting on a huge rock what can I do?

I would go to the chemist and get some Duclolax they are quite strong (usually work 8-10hrs) so take late evening and make sure that you are close to the loo for a while in the morning.
You may end up a little 'loose' but you will feel better xx

I still need to take these once a week now...otherwise I get a horrid pain in my lower left belly...but yes don't take at night if you're then out the next morning....normally they wake me at 6am ish lol

I had to take them when I was following the Cambridge Diet so always have a pack handy even now for those 'clogged up' times :).... I know that there are others on the market but these work well and quick xx

I recommend 'Slim-a-Tea' from Holland and Barrett all day long!!
It's an all- natural ingredient tea bag you mix with hot water. It does the trick every time... Even when I was really bad just after the op. The stuff the nurse gave me was rubbish but this stuff is guaranteed relief! Lol xx

Hi I have stuck like glue to the milk diet for 8 days now and I am having great weight loss. (I and at Luton and Dunstable) Its literally Milk, Oxo, low cal jelly and thats it. I have been fine with that and I have been taking Fibogel as suggested by the dietitian.

Today I have the most awful constipation having not been for 5 days and I am feeling totally bunged up and very tearful. I have never had this before and I don't know what to do.

Without being too graphic it feels like I am sitting on a huge rock what can I do?
I know how you feel!..I too go to L&D and i'm on my 3rd week of the milk diet...and i'm suffering:eek:
I have just got back from my GP and i've been put on Movocal (sp?) sachets so i'm hoping that does the trick.
I wish you well you.
Take Care

Andy x

Andy its so bad I don't know what to do to be honest, nothing is shifting it and I feel totally tearful and fed up. I have great weight loss but I can't cope with the after effects. I am very tempted to to ditch the milk and stay on bloody water for the next two weeks .

I know I;m having a pity party but I just hate the bloated feeling along with the very sore bits from straining .

When I did lighterlife I took a movical.every alternate day and had no problems but it sounds like you need something stronger after so many days.

Had the same and had to eventually go to the hospital for an enema.... Have been fine since then - but starting my pre op milk diet tomorrow so will be keeping a close eye on things... Good luck

Thanks Minoots, its one of the things that worries me about the whole process, I really cant believe have become so obsessed with my bowels.

I was on the milk and yoghurt diet with bit of fruit and 1 bowl of veg soup that was the start of my constipation I went on the day i went to hospital and I never went again until 6 days later. I still struggle now. The dietician put me onto fybogel twice a day once i got onto that regularly it became alot easier but now have weaned myself off I don't go every day but have had to manually remove bit some days its terrible and unless i'm in agony and feel its about to come out then I have to lie back on the toilet for it to come down and then out my passage seems to be tilted some how and the poo i can feel pressing into my vagina wall I have to press the bottom of the wall and it helps manipiulate it in the right area so I can pass it. For what we eat now its amazing really I eat healthy always have done fruit veg fibre etc. just have to keep on top of it can get you very distressed.

Im on the same milk diet as you -and my dietician said to take milk of magnesia if I get constipation....

Milk of magnesia?? I have never known the true reason for the existance of that bottle of horrors!! I used to be threatened with it when I was a kid, I just gagged on it had no idea what it was for!!!

Heh, I'm lactose intolerant, so if I ever have that problem I shall have a glass of normal milk every day. Should be no probs after that!

Back