• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Intolerance Post Surgery?

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
I'm sure I've read somewhere on the forum, that it's possible to develop an intolerance to milk after surgery.

I'm 10 days post op (sleeve) and have been drinking a lot of semi skimmed milk but over the last day or so, I've been getting a lot of wind pain in my upper chest and also feeling sick after drinking it.

Could I be developing an intolerance? What are the symptoms please?

I developed this - bloating, the runs, eczema, gas, gurgly tummy and in my case throwing up too. I'm on lactofree milk now. It tastes the same without the side effects. After a break of a couple of weeks off all other dairy I have been able to add hard cheese and yoghurt back into my diet, it's just milk that sets me off now.

If you want to give your tummy a break grab some lactofree and soy yoghurt and see if it helps your symptoms.

Hope you feel better soon
X

This also happened to me, same symptoms as Stacey. I went onto lactose free stuff (which I really didn't enjoy) for a couple of weeks and then introduced dairy back into my diet and gladly all was well and continues to be.

Back