• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping with a sleeve

Mrs Noodles

Hi all

I'm wondering if its possible to experience dumping with a gastric sleeve?

Sometimes I experience really sharp, abdominal cramps and this often leads to having to dash to the loo (say no more). I've noticed it after drinking coffee with skimmed milk or if i've eaten something sweet or slighly spicy. Is this what dumping is? I do often feel tired after eating and just want to sleep.

I think dumping is more to do with ur bodies reaction to sugary things but i am a pre opper so no expert on this x

I think I've dumped a couple of times when I've had something too rich. I thought generally it was a reaction to what you've eaten and seen bypass patients saying too much sugar has sent them to the toilet and/or made them feel very unwell for a while. For me it's been stomach pain, toilet dash, feeling sick and sweaty and then needing a nap.
We were told it's less likely to dump with a sleeve but not that unusual. Are you feeling ok now?

I've dumped with sleeve ...
Fresh orange juice was one ....
And noodles another.... it poured out (tmi)

Ive also once had vomiting with chicken
Xxx

I am almost 7 weeks post op. Coffee now gives me craps and sweet things do the same as well. Beef does not agree with me anymore although it's my favourite. I vomit if I eat beef. I have not dumbed at all as I still need to take Senna if I want to use the toilet that way. ;)

Thanks all for your replies. Its kind of reassuring to know that others have the same issues. I would like to ditch coffee altogether but I love my daily breakfast milky coffee, however I think I may switch it to having it after tea when I'm home incase of any side effects! Fortunately for me I havent had vomitting (only once when I ate too much early on with my sleeve).

I think I've dumped a couple of times when I've had something too rich. I thought generally it was a reaction to what you've eaten and seen bypass patients saying too much sugar has sent them to the toilet and/or made them feel very unwell for a while. For me it's been stomach pain, toilet dash, feeling sick and sweaty and then needing a nap.
We were told it's less likely to dump with a sleeve but not that unusual. Are you feeling ok now?

Thanks, I am feeling ok now. It was last night when I was driving home from been up North, I had to run to the low when I got home and tummy was tender after till this afternoon x

I had beef on Saturday
I chewed it and savoured the taste
Then spat it out I couldn't swallow it
It scared me lol
My husband looked on in amazement as I regurgitated my food lol xxxx

I had beef on Saturday
I chewed it and savoured the taste
Then spat it out I couldn't swallow it
It scared me lol
My husband looked on in amazement as I regurgitated my food lol xxxx

Oh god that's what penguins do with their children! lol x

Back