• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MiniMins Security Breach

OOnion

Has anyone else had an e-mail from tonight regarding passwords and e-mail addresses being published on line? The e-mail is not really clear ?! I got mine from someone called Pierce at 21.18 this evening.

OOnion said:
Has anyone else had an e-mail from tonight regarding passwords and e-mail addresses being published on line? The e-mail is not really clear ?! I got mine from someone called Pierce at 21.18 this evening.

I just got it too. It's the same owners as this site. Luckily my password for minimins is not the same as anything, as I did a reset a few months ago and left it

Pierce is a mod and admin on both sites x

Hi,

Its an email to let you know that if your password and email is shared on other sites (think facebook etc), it would be advisable to change/update your password.

Pierce

Pierce said:
Hi,

Its an email to let you know that if your password and email is shared on other sites (think facebook etc), it would be advisable to change/update your password.

Pierce

Thanks for explaining :D

Hi Pierce, i changed both passwords and email addresses for both sites last night. The only problem is that i didnt get the email from you, i heard about the breach on FB. Why would that be? Also, a link to a site where you can check if you email address as been affected revealed that mine was. Confused!

wannabeminime said:
Hi Pierce, i changed both passwords and email addresses for both sites last night. The only problem is that i didnt get the email from you, i heard about the breach on FB. Why would that be? Also, a link to a site where you can check if you email address as been affected revealed that mine was. Confused!

It said on the email not to change anything in minimins before its sorted x

i received the email last night but have done nothing on minimins site or this site yet as i wasn't sure if it was some kind of scam?
what should i be doing - if anything?
thanks xx

I didnt get an email either , it was Becky on Fb alerted me . On the check site my user name & email didn't show as one of the affected & I havn't changed anything . I very rarely go on minis these days

wannabeminime said:
Yes, thanks, but i didnt know that at the time as i didnt receive the email ;) x

I know. I was just saying. As you have more chance of having problems. So you may need to contact Pierce for advice.

It just means i may have to change it again when we get told to, but then again, i didnt get an email so i probably wont get another one telling me to change it!!

At least changing it early means no immediate problems from hackers using email addresses and passwords on other sites. Mine arent the same as other sites, but some people use the same ones for many sites, silly!

wannabeminime said:
It just means i may have to change it again when we get told to, but then again, i didnt get an email so i probably wont get another one telling me to change it!!

At least changing it early means no immediate problems from hackers using email addresses and passwords on other sites. Mine arent the same as other sites, but some people use the same ones for many sites, silly!

I was just trying to explain. As I did get the email. I am sure all will be well anyway.

I was just trying to explain. As I did get the email. I am sure all will be well anyway.

Yes, not cross with you fuffs, just annoyed that i have been a member of minimins since 2006, using the same email address (until yesterday), and didnt recieve the email :(

Me too Becky , you would think a blanket email would go out whether you were affected or not . Guess pierce had his reasons x

wannabeminime said:
Yes, not cross with you fuffs, just annoyed that i have been a member of minimins since 2006, using the same email address (until yesterday), and didnt recieve the email :(

I can understand that. Maybe it's all part of the hack. Hopefully Pierce can explain when he is back on. Just hope it was stopped in time x

As you will be aware if you read the link posted on Facebook this affected some 80,000 email addresses.

I'm sure you will appreciate that is a pretty large mailing list, not to mention a mammoth task to manage.

If you didnt get an email as Fuffs said it advised:

- Not to change your email or password on MiniMins till Pierce can investigate this further. If you change your password or email now you only risk re-exposing another password and another email till the breach is fixed.

- If you share the password on MiniMins with another service, email accounts, computer accounts or any other sensitive passworded systems you must update those immediately. Once you do this you will not be exposed to the security issue.

- Do not trust any email from MiniMins, Pierce will be sending emails but will advise you to navigate to MiniMins.com manually, not to click on any links or give your username or password to anybody.

- The website software will be updated to the latest version of VBulletin, even if it takes me 48 hours straight.

- Pierce will then advise you to update your password and/or email address once he is confident this cannot happen again.

Hope this helps those that have not received an email yet :D

Thanks Maz , although my email is used for lots of things , that password is only for minis & here , so I hope I am ok . I will wait to see if I hear anything from Pierce or through here / Fb

What is minimins?? x

It's the sister site to this , its for all weightloss support , WW , SW , Cambridge etc . When the wls section got too big this site was set up xx

Last edited:
Back