• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Secretary's e-mail

farzu

Hello everyone,
I got an e-mail today from Miss SF Hughes's (upper GI surgery) secretary from the Royal London Hospital saying that Ms SF hughes doesn't do gastric bypass surgery and will be happy to refer me to someone else if i wish. Now it seems it will take a long time. Can anyone tell me who's the best for Gastric bypass in London or in homerton hospital? I have appointment with Miss Hughes on the 21th of this month and waited for more than a month to get this appointment. what is the waiting time for getting an appointment in homerton? I'm feeling like its going no where for me. :sigh:

Hello there

I am not sure if I am 100% correct about this , but I believe you may have to get your doctor to re-refer to homerton and London hosp (presume u mean whittingdon). If I am wrong I apologize in advance

All the best - MeJulie xx

I'm under Mr Mannur at the Homerton and have read good things about him. He was very nice when I met him.

I would of thought the other Dr would of had some suggestions.

thanks for the reply ladies, Do i have to go to the GP again to ask for another referral or should i just wait to the appointment which i have on the 21st with Miss Hughes and she will refer me?

thanks for the reply ladies, Do i have to go to the GP again to ask for another referral or should i just wait to the appointment which i have on the 21st with Miss Hughes and she will refer me?

Not sure which will be quicker. Discuss it with your GP. He/she may suggest the best route.

id think keep the appoitment and get this doc to do the referal. it might be a little quicker. im sure she will be able to tell u more though. i changed my surgeon but it was the same hospital so i just changed my appoitments - it was actullay quicker than the original doc! hope you sort it soon hun xx

Hey Farzu

Yea Ms Hughes will be able to transfer you over to Mr Mannur at the Homerton. It was Mr Patel (upper gi) at Barts and the London who transfered me to Mannur.:)

Xx

Hi Farzu

It sounds like she can refer you.

Mr Mannur was the surgeon that I had originally looked at. Tendersage had him do her surgery, so she will be able to help you...He sounds like a great surgeon and a really lovely man so I hope you get him.

Hope you get it sorted soon...I would ring the secretary to see exactly what will happen now.

Good luck.

((HUGS))

Hommerton Hospital has Mr Mannur, he did mine privately and is eccellent, he has a fantastic sucess rate, trained at various big named hospitals including some in the USA and has very few cases where complications occur. He is friendly and will answer all your questions.

I know its not the same area but I was meant to be having mine at Derby hospital and they refered me to Leeds and thats in a private hospital so im happy :D

They just sorted it I didnt have do anything, I got a letter from my PCT and a letter from nuffield health at leeds with a new appointment and the waiting list isnt as long so it didnt cause me any trouble.

Back