• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MISERABLE!!!!!

sassyp81

Six Month Post Op
Hi all, Ive been dipping in and out for a few months and not really got used to how to work it all yet! But to be honest I just want to have a moan, I have been waiting for my WLS for over 3years-I have suffered all the drugs like rimonabandt etc and my funding was agreed over a year ago. It has been a long and complex process and in Dec I saw the surgeon and dietician but had to await my endocrinologist to give the go ahead-because I live in Cornwall I have to travel to Taunton for the surgery/consultations but my endocrinologist is down here. It has taken over a month/30 phonecalls and I ahve only just got the Bariatric team the fax to confirm to go ahead-I was told op in Jan, then they said Feb, now they are saying March. Im exhausted, I can't keep holding on waiting, it's just too much for me physically and mentally. Im so worried Im just going to find out after surgery that it's not that Im struggling to manage because of my weight but that Im lazy..what if Im doing the wrong thing and the problem is in my head totally..I haven't felt this low for years and Im not sure how to carry on

I know where your coming from, but you are not just lazy. Lazy is a term frequently used for overweight people by unintelligent bigots. Dont let the idiots get you down. You sound to me like you need to go to your gp and ask for some coucilling. You dont have to do this alone, there is support out there and a lot of people on here to support you too. The process seems to have taken a lot out of you and Im so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself and feel free to pm me anytime x

Hi sassy if you didnt need this op then approval wouldn't have been granted and there is no way you would have got funding. You are not lazy. Just because you have a weight problem doesn't mean you are it usually means you have an abnormal relationship with food, I think the whole process has warn you down. like wlh said you may need some counselling just to get into good head space, as you don't want to undo the work and wait of wls by having a unresolved problem. There is always someone on here to talk to or pm or email so you don't have to go throught he wait on your own.

You have come this far don't give up sometimes they make you go through all sorts and make you wait to see how many people drop out, as it frees up more ops. It also shows them that you are committed to this proceedure. Keep your spirits up and don't give up. Give us a shout if you need to talk xx

Don't give up now hun, after your long wait.Just think of all the positives that will come after the surgery:D:D

I can see why this is all very stressful for you but dont give up as i'm sure that it will all come good for you in the end. julie

Hi Sassy :hug99: honey you sound depressed, which is understandable with all of the stress and worry you're suffering right now. I would suggest that you go see your GP, ask about counselling as that will help with dealing with your food demons, but also talk about how you've been feeling so that they can help you through the short term too as there is normally a good wait for counselling.

If you want some help with dealing with worry etc off site then email me on [email protected]

Dont give up now you've waited so long ,(too long)in fact, but i do agree perhaps you may benefit by going to your GP for a chat about how down you are feeling perhaps he/she may be able to help in some way,i hope things will start to look a bit more possitive from now on, take care orchid x

Thanks so much for all your support, it means the world! Feeling a little less dark today, I do suffer with depression and am medicated for it but some days that old black dog, as Mr Churchill put it, is relentless in chasing me down!
I spoke with the lady in charge who advises me pre op assesment in Feb and surgery March, I just hope I get a letter in the next 2 weeks.
Plus I am being made redundant on the 6th Feb so all in all I feel a little sorry for myself!

After fighting for all the years to get to the surgery stage your bound now to feel some sort of anti climax. All your energy has gone into fighting and I know how that feels although mine was a fairly short fight. Whilst they keep putting the date back at least you have funding and you can now relax and wait for your new life to start. Dont feel miserable in a few months the excitement will kick in again...trust me chick its the dip after the fight your feeling...xx

Back