• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Month after op

goingtobehappy

Its 1 month tomorrow since my sleeve op and I've been asked to record my weight and inches every month after the op.

My first weigh in was on the day the pre op diet started so the 1st weightloss will be based over a longer period than a month.

Has anyone else kept these kind of records? Once I've been on the scales tomorrow morning I'll do the measuring and let you know my loses.

I'm quite excited, the difference in clothes is now feeling huge.

hey Andrea,

let us know how you get on! I put on my work trousers today and they were falling off me, felt great! Even though last week and possbily this week will be slow for weightloss, im hoping the inches will tell!

How are you getting on a month on? x

I'm loving it, don't feel hungry, had tinned mackerel in tomato sauce tonight - tinned variety - it was lovely.

It was the best decision that I have ever made, Yeah, your weightoss will slow down but your body will keep looking better and you'll notice the little differences like lying down and feeling your hips trying to escape.

How are you feeling? I'm just beginning to enjoy the tastes and textures of normal foods, even I got fed up of shape chocolate yogurts lol.

ive been ok - the puree stage is annoying me, im pretty much eating what i had on liquids!

Ive found that i dont get hungry like i used to, but i do get this hollow feeling that goes away once ive eaten :confused: I suppose its a different kind of hunger!

And im loving those shape chocolate yoghurts! And cadburys light mouse..and vanilla mullers! actually, ive turned into a yoghurt lover :D x

I know the empty feeling too and squash doesn't do anything for it, but tea or coffee do so I always make sure that at work I can have a hot drink too as we are very regimented to the times we can take lunch.

You've only got another week until you can start eating real type food again, it seems a distance away now but its nothing in the long run.

Hi you are both doing so well.
I have started getting the hollow feeling you are on about and i was quite frightened by it at first, but im beginning to realise that this is a normal feeling and a hot drink does take it away.
I wonder if this feeling will pass in time..im 12 days out. xxx

Hi Sugga, Gald your back and its all over and done with.

I personally hope the hollow feeling stays just as a way to remind me that I do need to eat and encourage me to look at the clock and check the time.

I don't feel hunger pains at all so I could easily go too long without eating, but its lovely not feeling hungry, I don't want that to go either.

Are finding you feel hungry? It only ever gets to me when its head hunger and the smells of cooked food get me dribbling lol.

I've done all my measurements and WOW I can't believe the difference in such a short space of time.

Pre op 1 Month Post Op
Weight 16 st 4 1/2lbs 13 st 11 3/4lbs
Chest 45" 43" -2"
Waist 43" 38" -5"
Hips 55" 47" -8"
Thighs 26" 24" -2"
Arms 14" 13" -1"
Neck 16" 15" -1"

This was so definately the best thing taht I could ever do for myself.

Hi, I agree with Sugga, you are both doing well (as is Sugga) - do you have local forum group to attend - I have managed to find one local to me (Leeds/York) and will be going to the next meeting - I think it will be valuable being able to discuss face to face the trials and tribulation of WLS and to be able to witness firsthand weight loss successes x

I'm in the Worcester area in the midlands and I'm not aware of a local group for me.

I probably use this site in that way though and even though I'm not sat with and have never yet met any of these people I've made alot of good friends and their contributions and advice is priceless.

I'm also very lucky that my best friend had a lap band 2 years ago so even though mines a sleeve we can discuss all the pro and cons and overcoming them, also my team that arranged it are always helpful and supportive and on the end of phone or email. I work different hours on different days every week which makes this site so perfect for me.

Getting to know others through a support group where you meet regularily sounds great though, during my weight watcher days it became a part of my life.

Well done on your losses so far.

There is a support group in Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, or close to it. You should do a shout out thread to see if anyone knows of any in your area...

xx

Back