• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nearly one year after my OP.

Yeul

Hi everyone,
I would like to share my story.
I got my surgery on May 6th 2015.
So far I've been doing quite well, I lost 34 kilo's (5st3lbs? I used an online calculator, sorry if it's off).
Not there yet but I'm so happy and proud!
I weighed 98.8 kilo's (15st5lbs) before the op, now I weigh 64 kilo's (10st).
My bmi is now 26.6, and before the op it was 40!
Hopefully I will lose the other 14 kilo's I still need to lose.
I'm very short at 155cm (5'1) and I'm allowed to weigh 45 to 59 kilo (7st to 9st2lbs), I need to be at the lower end due to my build though so I set my goal at 50 kilo (7st8lbs).
Compared to some people I have met, my weight loss seems to go slow.
But the clinic where I had my op done is very pleased with my progress, so I don't worry about it.

Been battling chronic fatigue and gallbladder problems within the same year, my gallbladder was removed earlier this month and it seems those 2 things may have been related.
I'm glad they removed the gallbladder, those attacks were hellish!

As for food and drink, I can eat and drink anything now the gallbladder is gone.
At some point I had to avoid many foods because of it.
Protein is so important to me. And so is fibre.
I eat everything from meats to veg to fruit to grains.
IMy b1 is on the low side I'm trying to consume more meats and dairy (not easy when you have a lactose intolerance!).
Since the op, I noticed my body no longer craves sugar.
Chocolate is meh, everything sugary and sweet is meh and that is weird when you used to be a sweet tooth.
I'm savoury all the way now! :D

The reason I picked the sleeve was because I heard about gbp & dumping syndrome.
As expected, sleeve didn't give me those kind of complications.

Feeling better every day.
My goal is to exercise more as I currently do/did diddly squat cause I used to be so tired :p
Hoping the resistance band I bought are fun to use.
Already owned a lot of fitness dvds and a treadmill but I need to work on my muscles.
I lots some muscle when I lost weight, which was to be expected of course.

It's so much fun buying clothes, everything I owned is way too big and in between I bought some cheap basics, which I'll continue to do till I reach my goal.
A while back, I ordered a pair of jeans in size 42 (uk 14) and I looked at them...I was like no way!
That is tiny, it won't fit.
Tried it on...too large :eek:
Size 12 is getting on the large side now too.
Still in disbelief I can fit that tbh.

I'm so glad I went for this surgery.
It changed my life.
Gave me more confidence, gave me a healthier body.
The only regrets I have is that I waited so damn long to do this!

Brilliant to hear your success story ! Amazing !
Welcome !

Great to hear that you're doing well and happy with your progress, I have my sleeve booked for the 7th of June so its very encouraging so hear about your success with it :)

What a great story Yeul and well done.:D Good to hear stories like this when you are waiting for surgery.

I too had my gall bladder out 8 years ago and have also suffered from chronic fatigue (although they weren't connected) so know how debilitating they both are.

As I have arthritis and cannot walk very far I have exercised for the past five years at hydrotherapy sessions at my local pool. I had chronic fatigue when i started but found it was manageable providing I rested when I got home. It has been a great way of building muscle and stamina I and have graduated to aqua aerobics. I even enjoy it - the first exercise i have ever enjoyed. :) It is a lot less stressful than exercising on dry land as the water supports you. Why not ask your GP if there is something in your area?

what an amazing year for you ,well done !

Fantastic post and great sleeve succes story!

I'm reading this on day 4 of having my sleeve and so excited for the future. I had my gallbladder out at the sametime so yet to reap the benefits but so glad its out as you say that pain!

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

Nice to hear your progress, well done!

Back