• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Most effective weight loss regime

BlueDiamond

HELLO EVERYONE

I AM JUST PUTTING THIS THREAD ON HERE AS I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WHAT WEIGHT LOSS REGIMES WAS THE MOST EFFECTIVE FOR ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE OUT THERE (NOT WLS) SO I AM INTERESTED IN IF YOU DONE CAMBRIDGE DIET, WEIGHT WATCHERS, CABBAGE SOUP ANY KIND OF DIET YOU HAVE TRIED NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT IS , AND ALSO HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU LOST ON IT AND IF ANY OF YOU LOVELY PEOPLE REGAINED THE WEIGHT ETC........I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU ALL TO SHARE YOUR STORIES WITH EVERYONE, I KNOW MOST PEOPLE HAVE HAD OR HOPING TO HAVE WLS, BUT I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR JOURNEYS LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT..............

HOPE NO ONE MINDS ME WRITING THIS .

ALL THE BEST - MEJULIE (JULES FOR TOPSY) :p

Of the many diets I have done over the years, the most successful was a low carb one. It wasn't as extreme as the Atkins diet but I basically cut out all sugar (although I did still eat fruit), bread, rice, pasta and potatoes.

I ate loads of protein with fruit and veg and drunk 2 litres of water a day.

It was longest diet I managed to stick to and I actually quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately as is common for most of us on here, I lost my willpower and it all went downhill!

Lisa x

For me it was Rosemary Conley. After I had my daughter I wanted to lose the 2 stone I put on. I actually lost 2 1/2 and felt great.

Unfortunatly about a year later I was diagnosed with endometriosis and abdominal adhesions. A combination of the pain, the treatments I was on etc meant that 4 years on ! was 6 stone overweight.

During the 4 years I did try a VLCD but it wasnt for me.

Maz x

The only diet I have ever had any success on was Cambridge Diet. I lost 4 stones in 3 months and felt absolutely fantastic.... Sadly, I thought I could cope with coming off the diet for my birthday weekend and I never managed to properly get back on it again.... Here I am now 6 stones heavier than when I finished Cambridge in
Sept 2007.

Julie you've got me there but the most effective weight loss diet is a balanced diet with all the five food groups evenly balanced, along with exercise and the biggi don't cheat and stick to it!!!

I have done many uneffective diets - eggs, bananas, pineapples, cabbage soup and a load more lol Sorry i'm not beening helpful
am i ??????

For me it was wheight watchers i lost 17 stone and it took me two years. Unfortunately my mom died and my dad was diagnosed with prostrate cancer all within 1 month of each other and as an emotional eater i could'nt cope and here i am with it all back on. Not for long though 5 and half stone lost and counting.:)

Being on a bipolar manic 'high' episode did it for me. Lost about 4 stone but would not recommend it for obvious reasons.

I did cambridge for 3 months, lost 3cstone on that one but developed gallstones as a result and had to come off it. I also lost a lot on slimming world until my thyroid packed up and i would not go back onto it due to the attitude i got in the end from the councillor who was blaming me for not sticking to the diet despite me doing so. She did not understand that there could be a vaild reason for weight not shifting. Both times the weight crept back on afterwards

Hi have been on most well known diets eating plans call them what you will in weight loss best for me was lighterlife I lost 5 stone looked and felt great sadly it didn't last which led me to wls xXx

I did cambridge for 3 months, lost 3cstone on that one but developed gallstones as a result and had to come off it. I also lost a lot on slimming world until my thyroid packed up and i would not go back onto it due to the attitude i got in the end from the councillor who was blaming me for not sticking to the diet despite me doing so. She did not understand that there could be a vaild reason for weight not shifting. Both times the weight crept back on afterwards

Hi TS

I know the feeling...I got hit with hypothyroidism, colitis flare-up and peri-menopause all at virtually the same time...Because of the high dose tramadol for pain and all my conditions I felt like I was in bed for over a year...oh boy did the weight pile on then!!!

My weight loss was slow even on the Cambridge diet prior to diagnosis of thyroid...and I felt that people did not believe me...In fact I know they didn't.

It breaks your heart when you put in so much effort for very little reward...Breaks your heart more when some of your nearest and dearest think you been sneaking in a few extra doughnuts!...

~X~

The most effective diets for me have been VLCD Cambridge...lost 4.5 stone with it....and the other diet that I was successful with was Atkins...However, like Sam it was hard to maintain when you come off of Cambridge...and with Atkins I got awful pains in the kidney's.

But I have been on some crazy diets in my time...the craziest being the pineapple diet...I can't begin to tell you how sore my mouth got.

~X~

hi there, 5 years ago i lost 6 stone in 5 months on lighterlife but unfortunately i then got pregnant and i was unable to continue it. i put on 3 stone while pregnant and then over the last 2 years have put on a further 4 so im even heavier than when i started :(
hope this helps tasha

WOT IS THE PINAPPLE DIET??

The most effective diets for me have been VLCD Cambridge...lost 4.5 stone with it....and the other diet that I was successful with was Atkins...However, like Sam it was hard to maintain when you come off of Cambridge...and with Atkins I got awful pains in the kidney's.

But I have been on some crazy diets in my time...the craziest being the pineapple diet...I can't begin to tell you how sore my mouth got.

~X~

wot is the pinapple diet??

:D lmaoo at pineapples, they all bloody not worked long term other wize we wouldnt all be on this section of the forum ;)

liz x

WOT IS THE PINAPPLE DIET??

All you eat is pineapple...you can have the odd boiled egg.

I did this with my sister-in-law when we were in our late 20's...apparently the pineapple has an enzyme in it that makes your fat dissolve....unfortunately I believed it back then.

The things we do! :rolleyes:

~X~

I think you name the diet and i have probably tried it. Packed in the cabbage soup one after day 2 coz of the headaches. WW i lost 3lb and gained 6, this went on like this for weeks til I gave up due to frustration. RC - the only thing that was good for was the exercise class. Now on Lipotrim, so far 19lbs in 3 weeks, but I am getting sick of it. I just dont seem to have the willpower. Have been waiting for nearly a year now to see a consultant in respect of WLS but I am not holding my breath as they seem to have changed the criteria in my area to qualify.

Back