• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mouthfull size after gastric band

Damienw1

Hi all hope you are well,

Had my band on 15th of November all going ok so far had first fill yesterday and was told that I should be having mouthfuls the size of a 20p piece has anyone else been told the same or have any tips?

Thanks

I had bypass in July and I still eat with a teaspoon. I find it it psychological helping to eat less than a fork and keeps the mouthfuls down in size.

Hi Damien
I have a band and try to take smaller bites as the high risk of getting something stuck by taking a bigger bite is higher ..
I've had a few stuck episodes and would not wish them on my greatest enemy .. so yes take small mouthfuls and chew well .. you'll find you will enjoy your food more this way and feel fuller quicker ..
plus do not drink if you get anything g stuck as it just makes it worse ... as soon as you feel a slight blockage stop eating .. if you continue to eat the food your swallowing will only push the blockage harder with the weight of it and may damage or aggravate your band ..
listen to your band .. get to know your limitations ...

Back