• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port moved

SAS1

Woke up this morning and my port is on its side. I can't seem to move it back - tried gently rubbing it. It feels like a coin on its side.
I'm seeing prof again on 5th April for my next fill and it's not really bothering me... Just frightened it will flip over fully.
Think it's because I sleep on my side and stomach... Anyone else experienced problems? X

You need to panic!

This happens to me, mine moves down, left and right and then can also twist on it's side. This is in the process of flipping over.

If you can work out which side it should be on then not very gently massage it back, only if you are really sure which way is up.

Else you need an appointment immediately to get your provider to do it. Your port is flipping.

Best of luck!

Think I've managed to get it back or near enough, thanks jem.
I'll keep eye on it, my prof said as long as can access it should be ok, but I've paid the extra insurance for problems like this - so one less thing to stress over should it need sorting xxc

This shouldn't be happening to you, they are either clamped into you with metal claws or stitched in, they shouldn't be able to flip nowadays as far as I am aware.

Mine only moves so much as I had to have it released from my abdomen and that's when the fun really started :eek:

Speak to your provider asap, you shouldn't have this degree of movement.

Back