• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tilted Port

djbp98

Wants to crunch
Hi all, I had my band fitted 21st Sept, went for my 1st fill today and after lots of needle jabbing, pushing, prodding and probing was told that it couldn't be filled, apparently my port has tilted?!?!?!?!?!???? I've now got to wait for another appointment to have it done under xray or ultrasound............I'm absolutely gutted :cry:Has this happened to anybody else?

Hi there,

Yes it happened to another lady on here, Red (Yvonne), she had some bad luck with her port, hopefully she'll see this if she's around and reply to you...

I have a tilted port, however it has not stopped me from having fills (4th fill due on Saturday). Although it does talke her more time.

Guess I have a patient or stubborn bariatric nurse lol.

Good luck x

Was your first fill not under xray? Mine was and from what I have picked up on here most people get their first fill under xray. NOt only to find the port and make sure it is in the right place, but also to see liquid pass through the band to make sure all is ok.

Yes red had alot of problems with hers, shes now on another site.

Sorry to hear about that as you had yours done just after myself.

I am having my first fill in 3 wks time with xray, where abouts is your porthigh up near chest bone or lower down?

Yes red had alot of problems with hers, shes now on another site.

Sorry to hear about that as you had yours done just after myself.

I am having my first fill in 3 wks time with xray, where abouts is your porthigh up near chest bone or lower down?
My port is high up on my chest bone, just under bra line.

Thanks for all of your replies. I was feeling really gutted at first, but now just think it's one of those things and searching around I've found that it does happen and it's not too much hassle to sort it....thankfully!

Back