• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moving goalposts

charliegirl

Had a letter this morning (yes they do sometimes reach me)...its from Kath the dietician telling me I need to see her to go through everything so I can know what to expect etc, its routine and I knew it was coming, however, the letter says "once funding is received I will contact you again with a view to seeing you within 4 weeks". It was good to see the positive "when funding" but means with timings etc its highly unlikely I will get the op before christmas which is a major blow to me as I wanted new year new me and its my 50th at the beginning of January.....trying not to let it get to me it just takes any feelings I have that this is going to happen that bit further away.....xx

Sorry to hear that it means a possible delay Linda :hug99:

You never know what the future will bring, it may happen before christmas, or it may not, but it will happen and thats got to be the focus.

Your right shel what I am doing is putting a mental date in my mind for January and then anything earlier is a bonus. Its all about getting the right frame of mind....oh by the way did you meet up with your old friend the other week? I cant remember seeing anything about it....xx

Yes I did, it went well :) thanks for asking x

Linda sorry to hear of yet another delay but put it in yr calender for your birthday and hopefully it will be the best present you get. Do you know when yr pct next meet is it preston or east lancs you come over.
You never know it could be yr christmas present yet then like me when my 19yr old son asked me what i wanted for christmas and i have told him that i want vouchers or cash for my shrinking wardrobe.
Hope you get yr answee soon
HC

Hi im not going to say sorry it wont be earlier ,you will have loads of that :Dlol

I just want to say it still will be

:)and a new you :)

IT WILL BE THE YEAR YOU SUCSEED

It doesn't have to be before your birthday, as long as it gets done and it makes you happy fit and healthy.

So try not to get het up about wanting it before your birthday as it will still be

YOUR YEAR

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Linda,

A letter with SOME NEWS! You lucky girl! please don't view this as a set back. Look on it as a possitive as you know the hospital are getting you ready for something that will be life changing. At least it is another step up the ladder! another foot nearer. This is great news!

will you have to see a psychiatric?

They mentioned it prior to seeing Mr Ammori but nothing further has been said, if I do they can bring it on will be good to talk....xx

Linda one thing i will say is that inspite of the waiting etc i feel that we are being well looked after i terms of tests etc to make sure everything is ok. the woman that i mentioned who was at clinic last night who had lost 16stone had her bypass 2 yrs ago and has had no support either befor or post op. she is having major psycological problems to the point of being scared to eat and has mainly lived on milk because no one ever told her about dumping syndrome. she had been refered to dr ammorie to check that there was nothing physically stopping her from eating. But she herself said she thought it was more psycological.
stay strong you wil get there
HC

I know carole we are in safe hands and by the time he gets to me he will have had more practice in getting it right lol....xx

Hi Linda, god you really are having one disappointment after another at the moment. You still need to have a big birthday bash!! like is said to you before it's to say goodbye to the old you and hello to the new you!!! keep your chin up hun x

Thanks Tammy why you feeling so stressed?? I feel ok today slept well and it always makes a massive difference to my day...xx

snap out of it woman lol:p they didnt say no

you know im teasing and i know what you mean, hoping to have a new start to the year, my b'day is the 22nd jan and im hoping to be on a positive route by then.
Fingers crossed and try for a cancellation appointment that might speed things up. :)

Maxine
xx

Thanks Tammy why you feeling so stressed?? I feel ok today slept well and it always makes a massive difference to my day...xx
Still stressed about my passing out episode last weekend! been referred to the rapid access TIA clinic so should be seen next week. Also am having a big party tonight for hubbies birthday and cooking food for 30 people!! my kids are staying at my parents overnight which is a novelty as no one will look after my youngest Molly who is disabled. really looking forward to a night kid free but do worry when i'm not with her! sure i'm just being silly and we will have a great night. will just have to get P***ed eh!!! x

Tammy she will be fine and its not for very long. I am sure everything will be ok on your tests to and you wont wait long to get a result. Have a lovely time tonight have a few drinks for me and relax and enjoy yourself....xxx

Hi Charliegirl, whereabouts in Lancs r u from, if u don`t mind me asking, I`m just nosy lol. I`m from Blackburn thats all!!

Come on Linda,

Everything is gonna be just great, you still get to enjoy a full blown Christmas dinner and I know I'm not gonna get one! I didn't dream last christmas that it would be my last full on Chrimbo dinner. But oh how I enjoyed it!

Your 50th Birthday year is going to be so special!

LIFE DOSEN'T BEGIN AT 40, IT BEGINS AT 50!!!!!!!!!

Back