• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help Please after first Bandfill

claire36uk

I had my first band fill on Tuesday and had 5 put in, I have been told to do liquid diet for 3-7 days and then progress onto mashy food for 3-7 days, Can anyone please give me some advice on what foods to eat once i go back onto solid please, and what to do if food gets stuck, I'd greatly appreciate this :) many thanks X

Hi Claire

Best advice I can give is to experiment but be cautious. Try to eat meals consisting of protein as the largest portion, veg or salad and finally a small amount of carbs if your srill hungry.

I dont eat meat but I do eat alot of fish so my meals consist of fish, egg or quorn, salad or veg and a small amount of cous cous or egg noodles.

As for food getting stuck, I will leave that to someone who has experienced it to offer you some advice.

Good luck x

Hi Claire,
No advice sorry but just wanted to say hi!
How's it going?
Leanne x

Hi Claire

Mazza always gives good advice for banders. Hopefully some more will be along soon with their advice too. Just wanted to add, that if you chew a lot and go slowly and dont overdo it, hopefully you wont get any food stuck :)

Xx

Hi Claire,
No advice sorry but just wanted to say hi!
How's it going?
Leanne x

Hiya Leanne
I am not doing too bad thanks, had a rough couple of days since had the fill, been feeling sick and got a stinking cold and sore throat but i am feeling alot better than i did yesterday, think the feeling sick part was all to do with the cold though to be honest.
How's it going with you? Have you had your date yet? If you see me round town sometime please stop me and say hi and we can praps go for a coffee together :) X

Hi Claire

Mazza always gives good advice for banders. Hopefully some more will be along soon with their advice too. Just wanted to add, that if you chew a lot and go slowly and dont overdo it, hopefully you wont get any food stuck :)

Xx

Thanks for that hun, i do tend to rush my food i always have done, i cant sit still for longer than 5 mins unless i am at the pc so i think i might try sitting at the pc on facebook playing games whilst eating at least then i will eat slower lol X

Hi again Claire,
Have first appointment at Birmingham next thursday so will let you know how it goes.
If you fancy meeting up after christmas for coffee I'm up for it. Just too busy with work and college this side of christmas.
Hope you start to settle with your band fill soon and get used to what you can and can't eat xx

When you start on solids again the first bit of advice is to take it slowly. Chew chew chew, however, be prepared to experence no restriction at all. This is not uncommon so don't worry.

The foods that once I had restriciton I had problems with are bread, potato, all meat ( I tend to stick to mince only now), egg.

I find food gets stuck when I don't chew it enough and rush my food. It takes me about 20-25 mins to eat a small meal. Once you are on solids try to resist eating slider foods like soup etc as they will not fill you up.

Everyone is different hun so take it one day at a time. Try diferent things and you will soon find out what you can eat.

The only other thing I would say is that if you find that you don't have any restriction then make sure you tell you provider and get in asap for another fill. The sooner you get restriction the better.

Good luck.

It really is trial and error.

I didn't know you had to do the whole liquid/puree stage after a fill.

Thats literal 1 bite of most things over xmas out of the window as im getting my first fill on 22nd. Apparently im getting 7.5 in a 10ml band so ill probably just about to breathe.

It really is trial and error.

I didn't know you had to do the whole liquid/puree stage after a fill.

Thats literal 1 bite of most things over xmas out of the window as im getting my first fill on 22nd. Apparently im getting 7.5 in a 10ml band so ill probably just about to breathe.

Each provider is different hun, Birmingham Heartlands seems to be very harsh compared to everywhere else, but i am going to follow whats been said to me. Hope all goes well with your fill, let me know how you get on x

Hi there, well as others have said - it is trial and error. One of my main problems is my habit of eating too fast and this can result in throwing up (I'm from a large family - eat it quick or lose it!)

Things I have a problem with: Meat of all kinds except minced beef. Some chicken sometimes (but not others). Bread of any sort. Pasta (noodles are ok though - not the microwaved ones for some reason). Rice, except wild rice which is less sticky but sadly tastes of sticks. Raw carrot - unless grated. Some fruit - Grapes should be chewed to death or peeled - when I first had my band I got some skin stuck and couldn't eat for 2 days until it came up again (yuck), apples - should be peeled in my experience. Pineapple - be cautious. Mushrooms - chew to death.

Hope this is of some use to you x

Oh yes: Uncooked dried fruit is a problem - infact anything dried which is not rehydrated.

Back